• The questioner has marked this post as solved.
  • Closed

Ta da! Internet-Box 3 is here

JoelV
Swisscom
1 of 14

Hey!

In addition to numerous new products, the Internet Box 3 was also presented at today's media conference. As of Monday, it will be available in our online shop.

What are the benefits of Internet-Box 3?

• Superfast WLAN with the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard: 2.4 + 5 GHz
  • Suitable for Internet speeds of up to 10 Gbit/s
  • Ethernet port: 1× 2.5 Gbit/s and 4× 1 Gbit/s

The new Box has already been put through its paces by the Community. Interested users who received a free Internet-Box 3 to test have shared their experience and impressions with us.

@iPing@Samsi@Dani (CH)@Werner@Thommy@Winn60 , @Chips@Lori-77 and many more users.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of these users for their valued input and feedback. You have been a big help, proving the value of the Community again! #High-Five!

What excites you most about the Internet-Box 3? Tell us in the Comments – we’d love to hear from you.

Best wishes

IvanH

Liebe Grüsse

Joël Viotti
Liebe Grüsse

Joël Viotti
Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
5 of 14

Hello @Leonardo.Verrastro

I am happy to learn that our technician could identify the problem and resolve the situation(details on your other post). 

Expect having good times with your PS4! 🙂👍

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
LeylaG
7 of 14

Hello @genenic

The Internet-Box 3 should improve your WLAN capacity as it features the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard. See more information on the product description: https://bit.ly/33PpiJb

Hope it helps!

13 Comments 13
iPing
Level 3
2 of 14

Thank you Ivan. 😃

Former Swisscom Staff
Former Swisscom Staff
3 of 14

Hi @JoelV

I bought and installed the Internet Box 3 a couple of weeks ago, replacing the old flat internet box 1.

All works well except when I turn on my Playstation 4.

Systematically, when I turn on the PS4, the Internet Box 3 looses the internet connection, starts blinking red, WiFi is down. After 5 mins it reconnects, works well for about 10 minutes and then again looses the connection, starts blinking red, WiFi down.

When the PS4 is turned off, the router (and the rest of the home network) working well.

It seems to me that the Internet Box 3 is not well configured to handle the internet traffic of the PS4.

Do you know what could be the reason of this incompatibility between Internet Box 3 and PS4 ?

Anyone else facing the same issue ?

Thanks, 

Leo

4 of 14

BTW, do you think the activation of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) in the Network Settings of the Internet Box 3 can help solving the incompatibility or conflict between PS4 and the Internet Box ?

LeylaG
5 of 14

Hello @Leonardo.Verrastro

I am happy to learn that our technician could identify the problem and resolve the situation(details on your other post). 

Expect having good times with your PS4! 🙂👍

genenic
Level 2
6 of 14

What is the difference in performance between the new Internet-Box 3 compared to the Internet-Box plus? I am currently having problem with my wifi connection at home connecting 9 devices (4 laptops and 5 smartphones). The speed test reports real low bandwidth being delivered by my current router, Will the new router solve my problem?

LeylaG
7 of 14

Hello @genenic

The Internet-Box 3 should improve your WLAN capacity as it features the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard. See more information on the product description: https://bit.ly/33PpiJb

Hope it helps!

genenic
Level 2
8 of 14

Thanks for the response.

Marcelo11
Level 1
9 of 14

Dear Swisscom,

I am a Swisscom internet customer and I've been having an unstable internet connection for the last 2 months (with Internet-Box 3). 

Your support team doesn't seem to understand how serious this problem is (every time I call I have to explain again from scratch...for the last 2 months...) and every person that comes does something, leaves and then I have to start again the support request, instead of having someone that follows up my issue.

The reason why I put this comment here is because I am done with navigating the customer support of Swisscom after 2 months.

Hope you understand the nature of this email and help me with putting more energy within your Customer Support Service in solving this issue.

Best regards,

Marcelo Ollier

Marcelo11
Level 1
10 of 14

In regards to this issue, I have made an email to Swisscom management hoping that they help me in putting more energy in the problem I have. This is the email I wrote:

15/11/2020 10:46

Dear Swisscom management,

Hope you are doing well even within the COVID situation.
I am a Swisscom internet customer and I've been having an unstable internet connection for the last 2 months. I work at Roche and have permanently videoconferences and every 15 mins I get disconnected from those VCs. 

Your support team doesn't seem to understand how serious this problem is (every time I call I have to explain again from scratch...for the last 2 months...) and every person that comes does something, leaves and then I have to start again the support request, instead of having someone that follows up my issue.

Tomorrow I will contact the Roche lead for this type of situations that manages the Swisscom relationship to share the issue that I have and to see if there is a systemic problem and thus if they can recommend an alternative service provider for the employees so they don't end up having the same loss of time that I've been experiencing.

The reason why I contact you is because I am done with navigating the customer support of Swisscom after 2 months.

Hope you understand the nature of this email and help me with putting more energy within your Customer Support Service in solving this issue.

Best regards,

Marcelo Ollier
Black Mamba
Super User
11 of 14

Select your request and contact Swisscom by hotline, chat or text message

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Marcelo11
Level 1
12 of 14

Dear Black Mamba, 

If I do this comment here is because I am done with navigating the Swisscom customer service the last 2 months.

Are these posts visible to all customers?

Thank you

SumSum
Level 2
13 of 14

Dear @Marcelo11 ,

I had the same very bad experience here. Video conferencing was even not possible, with line bandwidth dropping to 0,8Mb/s.

After 5 technician visited my home, knowing that the problem is linked to the MicroCan transforming the fibre signal into cupper, I decided to invest into FTTH. (Fibre To The Home) Because SWISSCOM did not want to replace the MicroCan.

After several issues linked to the installation of the FTTH, now I have a good bandwidth (10Gb/s)
Installation was finalized on December 19! So now I will test when returning to work on January 4.

The SWISSCOM customer service is a real disaster! There is no follow-up, they only look to close the tickets as fast as possible to get their KPI's at a right level. The persons you speak with are all friendly, but the hierarchy is to blame. I really think that this is the weakest point of SWISSCOM.
I will also write a letter to the SWISSCOM management at least to get some commercial gesture from them.
Keep me posted once you receive a answer. 

Sazemau17
Level 2
14 of 14

Is your problem fixed now? I am also experiencing lots of freezes on blueTV and router gets blinking red light thus dropping internet access. The support guy tells me something in my home installation must be wrong, however, i did not change anything that worked perfectly in the past.