• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

mycloud desktop

Neisuldeu12
Level 1
1 of 21

mycloud desktop 2.0 does not sync anymore with Mac OS High Sierra

any solution ?

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
DanieleA
myCloud Experte
12 of 21

Hello @Neisuldeu12 ,

In order to guarantee minimal disruption while using myCloud Desktop, we recommend always installing the newest updates available for your operating system.

myCloud Desktop can be installed on both Windows and macOS. A version for Linux is not currently planned. 

Windows 

Please note: myCloud Desktop is only available for 64-bit Windows versions. You can find out more information about 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems on Microsoft's official website. 

Mac 

• 10.15 Catalina
  • 11.0 Big Sur
  • 12.0.1 Monterey
20 Comments 20
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 21

@Neisuldeu12 

thanks for contribution

> ... mycloud desktop 2.0 does not sync anymore with Mac OS High Sierra

any solution ? ...

With all PCs and MACs, I only use myCloud with the direct Internet link and manually pull the data into the myCloud. Each automatic synchronization starts an internet connection and then needs resources from the system.

Secure cloud storage in Switzerland | Swisscom

NB : This is also the case with Onedrive in connection with Office 365 and if there is still a slow internet connection, it looks even worse.

On PC, however, only 30% CPU is used there. And after each start-up, until it has determined whether all files are syncronized. MyCloud always checks first 1:1 whether everything is the same.

On mac, the idle CPU is actually not ideal yet. The problem does not exist on windows. We'll look at that again. Do you also have the above problem that your mac is blocked because of myCloud Desktop? In the last couple of months some improvements have been rolled out for myCloud Desktop.

If your problem cannot be found in the myCloud help, you can contact the team there directly

myCloud: Web, Desktop or app login – Help | Swisscom

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Doremi
Super User
3 of 21

@Neisuldeu12 

Hello

I suggest you uninstall the myCloud Desktop application, and if you have a cleaning program for your Mac like CleanMyMac 3 or OnyX or another, do it.
Restart your Mac and come back and look for the (fresh) My Cloud Desktop application on this following link: (don't forget to trash your old program if you kept the original one: My Cloud Desktop installer.pkg)

https://desktop.mycloud.ch/?os=mac&cid=myc_LP_footer_link&lang=fr

Doremi

Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
Black Mamba
Super User
4 of 21

@Neisuldeu12 

additional information

a discussion is underway on the same subject in the community in German

myCloud Desktop synchronisiert nicht nach Update | Swisscom Community

myCloud Desktop does not synchronize after update

also follow if a solution is advanced for the stated problem

Edited
LeylaG
5 of 21

Hello @Neisuldeu12

Are you still encountering the issue or our members comments could help you out? 

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a good day

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
Neisuldeu12
Level 1
6 of 21

Yes

On a MacBook Air 2011 (macOS 10.13 - High Sierra)

It started with myCloud desktop 2.0

Thanky you for any explanation / solution

Black Mamba
Super User
7 of 21

@Neisuldeu12 

Thank you for this very short and succinct feedback 😁

it's really nice to have this kind of summary 😎

If your problem cannot be found in the myCloud help, you can contact the team there directly 😀

myCloud: Web, Desktop or app login – Help | Swisscom

after this contact, it will be very interesting to re-read your experiences 👨‍🎓

Jauckammick19
Level 1
8 of 21

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. I had to remove and reinstall myCloud Desktop on a macOS 10.13.6 (performed a full cleanup first) and I am now unable to actually connect to the service. The application starts normally, and then asks me to connect. When I press the connect button the application simply crashes / stops. There is absolutely no error message in the log, the last log entry is always that it displays the login page and then nothing until the next restart of the app where you can see all the app startup messages.

Is macOS 10.13.6 actually supported by the latest version of myCloud Desktop?

Any clue what's going on?

Neisuldeu12
Level 1
9 of 21

Could Swisscom consider answering a quite simple question :

Is mycloud desktop 2.0 not supported anymore on macOS 10.13 ?

Do they consider doing anything about it ?

Many thanks in advance

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
10 of 21

@LeylaG Could you please help?

@Neisuldeu12 This is a « customer help customer » Community. Did you try to contact the Hotline 0800 800800? 

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Jauckammick19
Level 1
11 of 21

Hi, Thanks for your reply, do you mean that Swisscom personnel doesn't participate to this community, and that we have to go through a generic call center for such technical issues?

Do you know if there is some sort of way to report bugs to Swisscom, and deal with complex issues outside of the call center?

Best.

DanieleA
myCloud Experte
12 of 21

Hello @Neisuldeu12 ,

In order to guarantee minimal disruption while using myCloud Desktop, we recommend always installing the newest updates available for your operating system.

myCloud Desktop can be installed on both Windows and macOS. A version for Linux is not currently planned. 

Windows 

Please note: myCloud Desktop is only available for 64-bit Windows versions. You can find out more information about 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems on Microsoft's official website. 

Mac 

• 10.15 Catalina
  • 11.0 Big Sur
  • 12.0.1 Monterey
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
13 of 21

@Jauckammick19 The Swisscom personnel does not necessarily participate all the time, as it primarily a customer help customer community. So it could be helpful to ping them directly, as they get an email in this case. The Hotline under 0800 800800 is by no means a generic call center, with a multi level support. There is also the possibility to announce a bug or to complain in written form, please take a look here:

https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/contact.html

DanieleA
myCloud Experte
14 of 21

Hello @Jauckammick19 ,

when the problem becomes very specific and difficult to manage through this community it is better to call the Hotline.

In this way, your case can be followed and tracked in a more timely manner.

Also, if necessary, the support team will be able to forward the issue directly to the development team.

The development team is not active in this community.

Jauckammick19
Level 1
15 of 21

Hi, thanks for your reply, I devise from your response that myCloud Desktop being 64-bit code, it shouldn't deploy on a 32-bit machine (this is the reason why I cannot upgrade mine to macOS 10.15).

Can I kindly suggest that you code installer checks the architecture of the machine on which is is launched, and refuses to install and start on a non-compatible system. This will avoid a lot of frustration to users like me, and a lot of useless calls to you support line.

I am not going to suggest that you updates shouldn't install on a non-compatible machine, i.e. they shall check the hardware as well, since this is maybe going a bit too far.

This is maybe a message you could pass to your colleagues who are in charge of this product.

My conclusion would be that I will need to resort to use the browser until I can afford a new system... (thanks to confirm).

smart20
Level 1
16 of 21

mycloud mit Linux (Mint) nutzen.

webdav in mycloud Einstellungen aktivieren

Password vergeben

in Linux webdav Client z.B. nautilus laden und auf "andere Orte" klicken

Server wählen: davs://webdav.mycloud.ch/

Benutzername, Passwort eingeben

Jauckammick19
Level 1
17 of 21

Unexpected and welcomed post! Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a try and will let you know if I’ll face any issue.

smart20
Level 1
18 of 21

Linux Mint auf mycloud permanenter Zugriff ohne irgend ein Programm

Wer permanenten Zugriff im thunar will kann wie folgt vorgehen:

Natürlich unter der Voraussetzung, dass webdav in mycloud aktiviert wurde.

$sudo apt-get install davfs2

$sudo usermod -aG davfs2 <linuxuser>

$sudo dpkg-reconfigure davfs2

$sudo sh -c 'echo "/home/<user>/mycloud <webdavusername> <webdavpassword>" >> /etc/davfs2/secrets'

$mkdir /home/<linuxuser>/mycloud

Editor deiner Wahl öffnen und am Ende einfügen

$vi /etc/fstab

https://webdav.swisscom.com /home/<linuxuser>/mycloud davfs rw,auto, user, uid=<linuxuser>,gid=<linuxusergroup>,_netdev 0 0

Danach sollte im thunar Browser unter Geräte mycloud zur Verfügung stehen.

Linux, die Zukunft nicht auf Servern auch auf Desktops

Jauckammick19
Level 1
19 of 21

Vielen Dank for the comprehensive instructions. I'll see if I need to "brew" the modules on macOS, or if native stuff will do the trick.

Julumietz55
Level 1
20 of 21

Thanks for your reply, do you mean that Swisscom personnel doesn't participate to this community, and that we have to go through a generic call center for such technical issues?