• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

macOS Monterey myCloud 22.10.3 login window doesn't appear

gari
Level 1
1 of 6

MyCloud Desktop is always source of problem.

And I can't understand that Swisscom doesn't makes effort on that.

The whole MyCloud ecosystem is impacted because of that.

Swisscom started with this Cloud just for a free use and now becomes something crucial for backup and accessibility of file & media on all devices Computers, mobile and TV.

No compatibility with Synology.

Constraint to use a specific folder and can't choose multiples folder that are in different volumes

Computer Backup that restore files automatically when you decide to remove it intentionally from your computer.

Files that are not backed up because an not understandable incompatibility.

Each new version of OS you have to pray that NyCloud desktop continue working.

When you open the application it's always displayed on the main monitor.

Incredible load consumed each time you start your computer.

It is really an unfinished application that was developed for a free service that is now reaching to his limits

SWISSCOM do something !!! because there are alternatives and it's a pain to be constraint to change.

- I'm evaluating Infomaniak in Switzerland 

- I already use Backblaze for backup of shared folders from my Synology (low expensive when you backup, you pay more when you restore) But when you are in trouble ... that should never happened, you are happy to count on a reliable solution.

- I used MyCloud because of the integration with Swisscom TV, Phones and other devices

But I arrived at the limit of patience ...

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
DanieleA
myCloud Experte
5 of 6

Hello!

as of this morning, the problem with the login has been fixed. I have tried myself on a Win11 laptop and it worked.

Please check your Desktop Client and confirm the validity of the fix.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a fix.

5 Comments 5
gari
Level 1
2 of 6

Forgot a detail ...

I have Swisscom TV, Internet high speed, 3 Mobiles abo, 3 Swisscom TV box, repeater ... for a total of more then CHF 500.--/month and when I called the SWISSCOM Hotline, they said that it's probably an issue on my computer, the they proposed me a service that is chargeable. I can't understand this approach, first check if the problem is at the Swisscom side and if not I will be happy to pay. But investigations due to incompatibility with an OS which is not mentioned in the release notes or by the installer himself cannot be charged to the customer !

gari
Level 1
3 of 6

Finally found on a German forum

https://community.swisscom.ch/t5/myCloud/macOS-Monterey-myCloud-22-10-3-Loginfenster-wird-nicht-ange...

The problem is an incompatibility between Monterey and MyCloud desktop update version : 22.10.3

Swisscom note that they are working on it ...

Quality insurance of package delivery is quite missing at Swisscom. A bug at the login ... it's easy to find before impacting the customers.

EmmettenGooner
Level 3
4 of 6

Interesting that as I have recently got a new iMac 24 and with latest Monterey I get the same issue -  blank screen after clicking on Login option.

However, it worked fine on my older iMac (21.5 Retina 4k) with Monterey - suggesting it is not the OS as such but the OS / Hardware interactioN?

Anyway will just use the Web version for now... Here is what I get after Log in to myCloud - just blank..

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 14.55.54.pngScreenshot 2022-04-25 at 14.56.12.png

DanieleA
myCloud Experte
5 of 6

Hello!

as of this morning, the problem with the login has been fixed. I have tried myself on a Win11 laptop and it worked.

Please check your Desktop Client and confirm the validity of the fix.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for a fix.

EmmettenGooner
Level 3
6 of 6

Hello,

Yep seems to be working this morning...

Thanks