• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Remove pop up message myCloud Desktop

planetalpine
Level 1
1 of 8

Hi

I successfully removed myCloud Desktop as I have never used this storage. However I still get this pop up message all the time telling me that my version of myCloud Desktop is no longer supported and I should download the latest version.

I can't get this message to stop popping up. I do not use myCloud and do not want to download the latest version

Any idea how I can get this pop up message to stop?

Many thanks for any help!

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
6 of 8

Dear @planetalpine

I have just double checked with someone from myCloud.

If completely deleted, myCloud Desktop app is not able to show any pop up message.

The lack of an account has nothing to do with uninstalling the app.

So please uninstall the app completely following these steps:

Windows

1. Select Start, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
  2. Select the app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.

MacOS

1. Switch to the Finder, such as by clicking your desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
  2. Select the app that you want to delete.
    Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or choose Go > Applications from the menu bar in the Finder.
  3. Use any of these ways to move the app to the Trash:
    • Drag the app to the Trash.
    • Select the app and choose File > Move to Trash from the menu bar.
    • Select the app and press Command-Delete on your keyboard.
  4. If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is usually the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
  5. To delete the app after moving it to the Trash, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

Hope it helps!

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
Edited
Doremi
Super User
8 of 8

@planetalpine Hello

Your screenshot shows that the my Cloud program is still installed and gives the indication that the program is obsolete. I suggest you click to perform the update or see what happens. Thereafter if the program is installed correctly you will find it in the installed applications, uninstalled the

Doremi

Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
7 Comments 7
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 8

@planetalpine And if you cancel your myCloud Account, if you once created one? how to do you can find here:

https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/apps-and-services/mycloud-einrichten.html#acc%5Btab%5D=

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Edited
LeylaG
3 of 8

Hello @planetalpine and welcome in the Swisscom Community 🙂

If you keep getting this pop up message, I would say this is because my Cloud has not been uninstalled completely.

planetalpine
Level 1
4 of 8

Thanks, but it is deleted. When I try to log in it says it has no account, and then I tried with my email, I got this message: There is no myCloud account connected to this email address.

Black Mamba
Super User
5 of 8

@LucasT expert myCloud Swisscom

any help with this problem ?

Christmas D-2 🤶🎄🎅

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
LeylaG
6 of 8

Dear @planetalpine

I have just double checked with someone from myCloud.

If completely deleted, myCloud Desktop app is not able to show any pop up message.

The lack of an account has nothing to do with uninstalling the app.

So please uninstall the app completely following these steps:

Windows

1. Select Start, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
  2. Select the app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.

MacOS

1. Switch to the Finder, such as by clicking your desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock.
  2. Select the app that you want to delete.
    Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or choose Go > Applications from the menu bar in the Finder.
  3. Use any of these ways to move the app to the Trash:
    • Drag the app to the Trash.
    • Select the app and choose File > Move to Trash from the menu bar.
    • Select the app and press Command-Delete on your keyboard.
  4. If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is usually the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
  5. To delete the app after moving it to the Trash, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

Hope it helps!

Edited
planetalpine
Level 1
7 of 8

Thank you for your advice. But the problem is that MyCloud does not appear in my list of the Apps and Features.  I do not have this App on my computer

Here is the popup

mycloud popup.PNG

Doremi
Super User
8 of 8

@planetalpine Hello

Your screenshot shows that the my Cloud program is still installed and gives the indication that the program is obsolete. I suggest you click to perform the update or see what happens. Thereafter if the program is installed correctly you will find it in the installed applications, uninstalled the

Doremi