• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Clearing photos from iPhone once uploaded to Swisscom cloud to free up memory

Steve1212
Level 1
1 of 2

Hi,

I hesitate to ask such a basic question but I cannot find the answer to it.  As the iOS My Cloud app is taking too much storage on my phone I wish to delete some/most of the photos from the iOS My Cloud app but leave them in the SwissCom cloud. I cannot find how to do that as once I delete from the app it also deletes from the Cloud. I presume there is an answer other than I need to back-up to another drive/cloud?  The app/photos is taking up 25GB of memory presently.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 2

@Steve1212 

myCloud is used to copy or synchronize data for backup or sharing
to allow this the source must be kept, it can be somewhere else than on a smartphone

myCloud-Creating a myCloud account or linking it to Swisscom Login, changing or deleting a subscription: how to set up and log into your myCloud.

Set up a myCloud account– Help | Swisscom | Swisscom

How to install and use myCloud for desktop or as a mobile app, and how to automatically store, share and download your photos, files and videos.

Using the myCloud desktop and app – Help | Swisscom | Swisscom

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
1 Comment 1
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 2

@Steve1212 

myCloud is used to copy or synchronize data for backup or sharing
to allow this the source must be kept, it can be somewhere else than on a smartphone

myCloud-Creating a myCloud account or linking it to Swisscom Login, changing or deleting a subscription: how to set up and log into your myCloud.

Set up a myCloud account– Help | Swisscom | Swisscom

How to install and use myCloud for desktop or as a mobile app, and how to automatically store, share and download your photos, files and videos.

Using the myCloud desktop and app – Help | Swisscom | Swisscom