• Der Fragesteller hat diesen Beitrag als gelöst markiert.

Attaching a file-in-the-Cloud to an email.

Howard
Level 1
1 von 6

I use Bluewin webmail, and occasionally I send attachments stored on my computer.  Now I no longer can attach files from my computer, but must use the Cloud as the source.  I have the Cloud, but how to download a file to the email??

HILFREICHSTE ANTWORT1

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 von 6

@Howard I never heard that it is not possible to attach file directly from PC, ok, the maximum size is 15 MB or is there another specific reason that's no more possible in your case? If you want to send it via MyCloud (here the Swisscom MyCloud not another Cloud is meant) you just click on the cloud (in the picture, the green highlighted) then you will be directed to MyCloud, there you can choose the respective file, you want to send. Then a link for this file (see below) will be created, which you can send then, the link will be automatically written into the mail. Thus, the file won't be downloaded to the e-mail as it is done when you add it from the PC. The recepient has to press on this link and can download the file.

Gaeilgeoir_0-1694701627932.png

Gaeilgeoir_1-1694701912012.png

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Editiert
5 Kommentare 5
Cruncher
Super User
2 von 6

Hi @Howard 

how are you trying to send an E-Mail? Are you using a Client like Outlook or anything else?

Do you have an Error Message to share?

POGO 1104
Super User
3 von 6

@Howard  schrieb:

I use Bluewin webmail,

@Cruncher  😉

@Howard 

Use a client like Outlook or Thunderbird and you will never have problems with the unreliable bluewin webmail.... again.

keep on rockin'
keep on rockin'
Editiert
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 von 6

@Howard I never heard that it is not possible to attach file directly from PC, ok, the maximum size is 15 MB or is there another specific reason that's no more possible in your case? If you want to send it via MyCloud (here the Swisscom MyCloud not another Cloud is meant) you just click on the cloud (in the picture, the green highlighted) then you will be directed to MyCloud, there you can choose the respective file, you want to send. Then a link for this file (see below) will be created, which you can send then, the link will be automatically written into the mail. Thus, the file won't be downloaded to the e-mail as it is done when you add it from the PC. The recepient has to press on this link and can download the file.

Gaeilgeoir_1-1694701912012.png

Editiert
POGO 1104
Super User
5 von 6

@Gaeilgeoir  schrieb:

..... I never heard that it is not possible to attach file directly from PC,

There are repeated reports here in the community that the yellow highlighted area in the screenshot above is suddenly missing....

keep on rockin'
keep on rockin'
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
6 von 6

@POGO 1104 Drag and drop also works (just checked). @Howard Could you please check it, you just need to drop the file somewhere in the area, where "attachments" is written.