• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

TV-Box not working

Geuvistiz80
Level 1
1 of 3

Hi, I have a HD TV-Box that appears to have come to the end of its useful life.Have been switching off

and on numerous times,done various resets but all that happens is a note saying "installing latest

available system...it's doing that I think,then appears a note saying "just a moment" and that's all,

does not go any further.What to do? How can I check if the Box is still ok? If not where to get a new

one ?

Thanks for some help

Steven

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Geuvistiz80
Level 1
3 of 3

Hi,

many thanks for your advice.Have contacted Swisscom and secured a replacement box for free!!

Hopefully all will be well when it arrives.

Have a great time and successful viewing.

Cheers Steven

2 Comments 2
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 3

@Geuvistiz80 

Hi Steven, it seems that your HD Box is indeed at the end of its life. I would call the hotline 0800 800 800 and ask for a replacement (the HD Box is the property of Swisscom whilst all the later ones must be purchased) but if you talk to them, possibly, you‘ll get a UHD Box (IP 1400) as replacement or at least a good offer for the IP 1800 or IP 2000. Just try it 😎. Or if you have a smart TV which supports the blue tv app, you could use the app without a box. Either way, good luck!

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Edited
Geuvistiz80
Level 1
3 of 3

Hi,

many thanks for your advice.Have contacted Swisscom and secured a replacement box for free!!

Hopefully all will be well when it arrives.

Have a great time and successful viewing.

Cheers Steven