• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Recording Series

deraymaekerci
Level 1
1 of 19

For the last week I'm no longer able to record series. The option just doesn't come up anymore. I need to record each episode separately which of course is cumbersome and could lead to miss an episode.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
15 of 19

Hello @Grioflastuff46

Here is the update:

Swisscom is improving and updating the programme data on Swisscom blue TV until the end of September 2021. Due to these changes, scheduled episodes or series may not be recorded. If an episode is not recorded, please search for it using the search function and record it manually.

The problem should be solved by the end of the summer, after the complete switch over to the new metadata provider.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
18 Comments 18
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 19

@deraymaekerci 

thanks for contribution

Which router model is installed:

Internet Box 3, - 2, - plus, - standard, - light, other?

My internet router - Help | Swisscom

Which TV box model is installed:

Swisscom Box 21, Swisscom Box, TV-Box UHD, TV-Box HD, others?

Swisscom blue TV: devices & instructions - Help | Swisscom

What is the connection mode between router <-> TV box:

Ethernet cable, WiFi, Powerline connection kit, others?

Very often a RESET / REBOOT of the various installed devices enables a normal situation to be restored.

Despite everything, if it were not, one of the devices could be defective and must either be replaced with the same model or with a newer model.

It is also possible that the connection mode of the router <-> TV box is not suitable for the configuration of the house. Always prefer the Ethernet cable. If this is not possible, it is sometimes necessary to install a WLAN box to ensure better stability and performance of the connection.

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
3 of 19

@deraymaekerci Normally the series recording still works, but I observed e.g. for one BBC series that it doesn‘t work. Could you please tell me which one do you mean and on which channel it is? Did you try to do the recordings with TV air on the computer?

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Wig
Level 2
Level 2
4 of 19

Why is it no longer possible to record series of certain programmes or on certain channels? This has happened since the recent update to recordings storage. Now, when you press the record button twice, it simply cancels the recording rather than setting up a series recording.

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
5 of 19

@Wig problems concerning series recording are already known and addressed to Swisscom in the German Forum. But if you could give some further examples it could help.

Edited
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
6 of 19

I tried now to perform about 10 series recordings on different channels by double press of the recording button all series were recorded properly. So, it could be really helpful to provide further information concerning channels and programmes. Did you reset the box after the update, if not you could try it, possibly it helps.

Edited
Wig
Level 2
Level 2
7 of 19

Thank you. I have restarted the box and it made no difference. I will look for the German string.

Most recent example - Channel 4. “Before We Die” Thursdays 22:00. Other examples: BBC 2 “Motherland” Mondays 22:00, BBC 1 “The Pact” Mondays 22:00. 

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
8 of 19

@Wig Thank’s a lot Now I left my home, so I will try it this evening or later with TV air on the PC.

or better, @LeylaG could you please check this internally with the examples given by @Wig .

LeylaG
9 of 19

Hello @deraymaekerci @Black Mamba @Gaeilgeoir @Wig

Some recordings of series are currently not possible. Our technicians are analysing the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day

Wig
Level 2
Level 2
10 of 19

Thank you. Will you update this post when the solution has been found?

LeylaG
11 of 19

Sure, I can check from time to time if the outage is resolved and let you know here 👍

Grioflastuff46
Level 2
12 of 19

Any update on this issue yet?

Wig
Level 2
Level 2
13 of 19

Still not working for me.

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
14 of 19

@Wig @Grioflastuff46 Yes, it is still not fixed unfortunately.

LeylaG
15 of 19

Hello @Grioflastuff46

Here is the update:

Swisscom is improving and updating the programme data on Swisscom blue TV until the end of September 2021. Due to these changes, scheduled episodes or series may not be recorded. If an episode is not recorded, please search for it using the search function and record it manually.

The problem should be solved by the end of the summer, after the complete switch over to the new metadata provider.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cabonesha
Level 5
16 of 19

By accident I found this thread. I wonder why I haven't seen this topic in the german forum, as I presume it is   the largest  swisscom community **

Series recording worked just fine until a few days ago. But now, it is more or less a mess.   I lost half of my future recordings, which is a pity,  because now the system forces me to scroll through all channels to  find all series lost, hopefully. A reliable series recording should be in the competence of a machine, not of a human brain.

Lost in searching

cabonesha

** I now found a german thread where it is mentioned that there could be a problem with series recording in context with change of EPG data.

Edited
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
17 of 19

@Cabonesha Exactly there where some minor german threads where the problem with the recordings were treated, mainly because of problems with british channels. That‘s why several people complained in the english forum and @LeylaG gave more information. But you‘re right, it is not easy to find this subject in the german forum. I did not check if the series recording with the british channels are working again, @LeylaG are there any news?

Cabonesha
Level 5
18 of 19

@Gaeilgeoir 

Funny, The lost ones I spotted till now were french recordings 😕.  
Could this mean non default language (my default language is german) recordings are concerned or is it simply a coincidence?
But I am still searching possible recs, also german ones, will take it’s time.

cabonesha

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
19 of 19

@Cabonesha Whilst in the beginning when these problems with series recordings (May, June) appeared, mainly British channels were affected, while now there are more issues with French channels, as you can see in the French Forum in the last days. What exactly the reason is for this behaviour,  probably only Swisscom may answer. With German series recordings  I did not have any problem till now