blue TV app now also on Android/Google TV

NicoleH
Community Manager
1 of 13

Dear Community,

The blue TV app is now also available for TVs with Android/Google TV. You can download the app directly on the TV from the Google Play Store.

In addition to Samsung and LG TVs, you can therefore also use the blue TV app on Sony, Philips and Panasonic smart TVs and on devices like the Chromecast 4 and Nvidia Shield etc.

Follow this link for instructions on how to set up the blue TV app on your smart TV. And did you know? The TV experience is even better with a Swisscom TV-Box: with radio, teletext, HbbTV, UHD quality throughout and no live TV signal delays.

Best regards,

NicoleH

Liebe Grüsse,
Nicole (Moderatorin)
Liebe Grüsse,
Nicole (Moderatorin)
12 Comments 12
giosal
Level 2
2 of 13

I have just now tested blue TV app v.5.1.2.019 on my new Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV and I've had a horrible experience.

The app loses connection and I can no longer stream TV channels, and this happens several dozens of times per hour...

Even menu icons and screenshots of shows/movies can't load...

Any suggestions ? All other apps stream flawlessly and Chromecast is 30 cm away from IB4

Black Mamba
Super User
3 of 13

@giosal wrote : Streaming and connectivity issues with blue TV v5.1.2.019 on Google TV

consult this same discussion in DE Community

blue TV App neu auch auf Android/Google TV | Swisscom Community

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
giosal
Level 2
4 of 13

@Black Mamba thanks for your reply and the link. Unfortunately, even though I don't speak German, I've used translator, no one seems to have a similar problem...

Black Mamba
Super User
5 of 13

@giosal 

ask the same question (translated or not) in the above-mentioned DE article

giosal
Level 2
6 of 13

@Black Mamba thanks for the advice, will do. I wasn't sure if that would be ok (to ask in English in German forum)

Black Mamba
Super User
7 of 13

@giosal 

users can ask questions in any of the 4 languages (DE, FR, IT, FR) regardless of the Community

bitracer
Super User
8 of 13

Try to reinstall the app.

giosal
Level 2
9 of 13

@bitracer already did, I've also cleared the cache and data.

bitracer
Super User
10 of 13

Then you’ll have to wait. Looks like early life issues.

giosal
Level 2
11 of 13

Nevertheless, I though I would report it here. I've also submitted feedback using Google Play Store

LeylaG
12 of 13

Hello @giosal

Thank you for your feedback. We passed it on to the blue TV Team who are looking into this.

Unfortunately, they can't provide any resolution date at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Have a nice afternoon

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
bitracer
Super User
13 of 13

Please consider adding the possibility to specify favourite channels, possibly by channel list.

Currently we use the channels lists as profiles for individual users within out household. It would be very handy if we could specify few favourite channels per list and have the channel scrolling up and down only scroll through this small subset of channels.