Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue TV App: New on LG Smart TV and Quickline TV box

JoelV
Level 1
1 of 16

The blue TV App will be available on additional devices from 31 March 2021:

LG Smart TV

LG is the second manufacturer after Samsung to enable the blue TV experience without an additional TV box. The blue TV app is available on LG Smart TVs from 2018 onwards.

How to find out the age of your Smart TV:

You can determine the year of manufacture of your Smart TV from the model number. You can find the number on the back of the Smart TV or you can call it up in the LG TV menu. To do this, go to "Settings" in the "Menu" and then select "Diagnostics".

With LG models, the character in 4th place indicates the year of manufacture.

Example model number (LED): 65SK9500PUA

K = 2018, M = 2019, N = 2020, P = 2021

Example model number (OLED): 65C8PUA

8 = 2018, 9 = 2019, X = 2020, 1 = 2021

Quickline TV box

The latest films, series and sports highlights from blue+ are now also available on the Quickline TV box. You can find the blue TV app in the "Apps" section of your Quickline TV box. To take advantage of the offer, register directly in the blue TV app and subscribe to the desired blue+ package.

Swisscom is constantly reviewing other providers and platforms for the launch of the blue TV app. We will of course keep you up to date here in the community.

Best regards

IvanH

Business Owner | Communications Manager Swisscom
Edited
15 Comments 15
Black Mamba
Level 1
2 of 16

@JoelV 

that's SUPER !!

Happy Easter 

MFJ
Level 2
Level 1
3 of 16

That is nice, but using the LG TV app I don't see any option to select a custom channel list.

When creating/editing the channel list on myswisscom I can see a message "You can activate this channel list on your TV set under ‘TV Settings’.", but I can NOT see any 'TV Settings'. Is that available for the LG TV app?

With just the default list is quite unusable as who has the patience to scroll through hundreds of channels.

How I can use a custom channel list with the LG TV app?

Edited
Alanz
Level 1
4 of 16

As far as I know that is not possible on the TV app. I tried the same on the Samsung app the other day and could not find a way. 

plus there are a couple of bugs: if you go back from a program to the list, it starts again from top of the list. Additionally, if you enter the menu to add additional channels to the offer like blue max for example, it is impossible to exit that menu without killing the app (in the case of Samsung tv, you must reinstall it)

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
Abbonamento: inOne home + TV + mobile, pacchetto Sports.
MFJ
Level 2
Level 1
5 of 16

That doesn't make too much sense to me.

How anyone can have the patience to use the app without a feature like:

- custom channel list

- some kind of favourite channels

- or at least have a list of the last channels watched.

Is it at least possible to navigate to a channel using just the channel number? Even this one doesn't seem to be possible. What is the quickest way to go to channel 1xxx?

Alanz
Level 1
6 of 16

Agreed. But no one seems to care at Swisscom 

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
macapuche
Level 1
7 of 16

Good News !

What about a compatibility with Android TV, to make Blue TV available for Sony TVs, for instance ?

MFJ
Level 2
Level 1
8 of 16

@Black Mamba As I mentioned in my first post I created the custom channel list on myswisscom. I can use it in the web version, on my phone app (Android) but NOT in the LG TV app (there is no place to select the custom list and by default is showing the Swisscom one).

Please point me where exactly is mentioned that it is supposed to work or how to use the custom channel list in the LG TV app.

Edited
LeylaG
Level 1
9 of 16

Hello @MFJ @Alanz

Thank you for your feedback.

The custom channel list is not available for the blue TV App on smart TV at the moment.

However, we are working on it: see the mention "Channel sequence available soon" in the comparative table at the bottom of this page https://bit.ly/3mGoQEY 

Hope it helps and thank you for your patience until then.

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
Alanz
Level 1
10 of 16

Hi @LeylaG 

thanks for the feedback. Pls also keep an eye on my suggestion from another thread to add "Friendly" names to devices on which Blue TV is being used: it is difficult to know which "Chrome" to remove when replacing a device if all are named "Chrome". This is very important as well.

Re. your comparison link: when opening from a mobile, all the type of device show "Channel sequence available soon", not only the TV app. To understand what I mean, try and open the link from a mobile browser and check the tick next to the feature e.g. under the TV Box list, which wrongly states "Channel sequence available soon". This does not happen from a PC browser.

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
haveaniceday
Level 1
11 of 16

thanks, is anything planned for amazon firetv stick?

LeylaG
Level 1
12 of 16

Hi @Alanz

Thank you, this was an error on the mobile website. I reported this mistake for correction. For some reason, they removed the i icon from all the category.

Regarding the management of the devices, you can directly change the name of your iPhone and iPad in the settings of the device. I guess there is a similar possibility for Android devices.

Have a nice day

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Alanz
Level 1
13 of 16

I do not think changing name would work: my iPad has a different name in its setting panel, but still shows as "iPad" in the list of devices which use Blue TV. Would be good if that could be addressed with the ability to manually override those names in the MySwisscom devices list

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
LeylaG
Level 1
14 of 16

Dear @Alanz

Thank you for your feedback.

I checked on My Swisscom account and the custom names of my iPhone and iPad are taken over. 

I forwarded your wish to be able to change the name of the connected devices/browser to the product owner.

He will consider to use the personalised name in an upcoming release. 

Thank you for your patience

Have a good day

Edited
LeylaG
Level 1
15 of 16

Hello @MFJ @Alanz

Good news, with the next update, it will be possible to create up to 6 custom channel lists on your Smart TV 🙂👍

You can find the information at the bottom of this thread.

Have a nice day

Alanz
Level 1
16 of 16

Thanks  @LeylaG I will have a look.

Please also keep an eye on the requirement to be able to rename on MySwisscom the devices that you use with some friendly names. I have 2 Samsung TV's and both are showing as "Samsung TV"

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro