• The questioner has marked this post as solved.
  • Closed

Switch from swisscom tv to bluetv means Lost functionalities and higher cost.

Nauttoviold95
Level 2
1 of 4

Hello

can you please explain if switching to bluetv means we should buy a new swisscom box/remote. The remote we have dors not seem to work with new Samsung Tv 4052

also, in the ‘old’ swisscom mode we were able to replay and record programs, why bluetv is now charging for an existing offer? 

thanks for clarifying

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
4 of 4

Hello @Nauttoviold95

You currently have the HD TV-Box. Unfortunately, it doesn't support the new blue TV update.

You have the possibility to go in a Swisscom Shop and get an UHD TV-Box for free 🙂

Regarding the subscription, you have the option Swisscom TV L, means 7 day Replay and up to 1'200 hours of recording

Hope it helps!

Cordialement, best regards
Leyla (modératrice, moderator)
3 Comments 3
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 4

> can you please explain if switching to bluetv means we should buy a new swisscom box/remote.

NO 😁 on the contrary it is to avoid precisely that

> The remote we have dors not seem to work with new Samsung Tv 4052

blue TV as an app on the TV (OTT)

Swisscom is taking the first step towards OTT (over-the-top content) in the TV sector. The blue TV app will be available from October on Samsung Smart TVs (2017 and newer models). Compatibility with other smart TV vendors is under study. The year of manufacture can be found in the model designation (example: UE55RU7170). Devices with the following designations have been on the market since 2017: Q, RU, LS, R, NU, N, MU, M

The blue TV app only works through the TV directly

It is not possible to install the application on the TV-Box

The idea is that the application works without the TV-Box

> why bluetv is now charging for an existing offer? 

please specify which programs would be billed

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Nauttoviold95
Level 2
3 of 4

Thank you Black Mamba

I am certainly confused by the blue tv options . In swisscom bluewin old mode, I could replay programs I missed and I could record programs, at no charge. It seems I need to buy an extra package in bluetv to do the same.

Not sure how to do change language options - for dual language programs , not sure how to add subtitles ...

very frustrating, not sure is the samsung smarttv or bluetv  not very intutive/user-friendly  ... it should not be so difficult to  find out how to keep existing features

thanks again, I appreciate your help 

LeylaG
4 of 4

Hello @Nauttoviold95

You currently have the HD TV-Box. Unfortunately, it doesn't support the new blue TV update.

You have the possibility to go in a Swisscom Shop and get an UHD TV-Box for free 🙂

Regarding the subscription, you have the option Swisscom TV L, means 7 day Replay and up to 1'200 hours of recording

Hope it helps!