• Closed

Control Swisscom TV through Alexa

MarkusTressl
Level 2
1 of 3

Hello

are there plans to control a Swisscom TV installation through Alexa? I am thinking of

• tune into a certain channel
  • check/search the TV guide
  • access/playback recordings

I did search quite a bit through the community but was not able to find anything related.

Thanks in advance!

2 Comments 2
altair
Level 5
2 of 3

I can not imagine that this will be implemented because of their own voice search.

But no one uf us can realy answer you this question, and altough swisscom could, I think they will not offer you their strategy 😉

MarkusTressl
Level 2
3 of 3

Well, I only partly agree. To be honest (and hopefully someone from Swisscom reads this) customer satisfaction should be their highest priority, not distribution of their (redundant) add-ons.

Amazon Alexa is one of the leaders in SmartHome voice control. So does Google have a product for that. Those assistive technologies are meant to make our life easier. And making access to THEIR product Swisscom TV easier or more convenient is kind of a no-brainer, right? Otherwise we as customers are forced to "cut the cord" and turn towards the smart offerings like Hulu, Netflix, Spotify, etc. which already are "voice enabled" (by Amazon, Google, etc.)

Just imagine Philips coming up with the idea of making their lights "app-only" accessible, just because they like to sell their motion detectors or smart dimmer switches... haha!