• Closed

Internetbox-nas problem

genenic
Level 2
1 of 8

I just upgraded to VIVO CASA ***** but they gave me **** instead, so i'm still waiting for the 100mbps line.

Anyways, I tried to attach my 1TB USB3 with the internetbox but windows explorer cannot map the hdd. Any solution to this? The router configuration shows that the USB drive is already attached.

7 Comments 7
suisse
Level 8
2 of 8

do you have the internet box which is NAS enabled?

did you active the NAS function on the IB? ---> do that in the router GUI 192.168.1.1

to map that:

\\internetbox-nas in windows explorer oder under start --> run

genenic
Level 2
3 of 8

yes. i did activate the NAS and tried to map \\internetbox-nas

The data roaming feature is not yet enabled i presume?

suisse
Level 8
4 of 8

roaming from home doesn't work, yet.

Do you get an error message when trying to reach the share?

Did you try in house?

can you ping the internet box address?

genenic
Level 2
5 of 8

Yes i am accessing it at home. I also have 2 NAS (WD live and mycloud) which works perfectly after i switched to the new router.

I do not get any error message except the diagnose network from Windows.

I also attached the USB hdd directly on my PC and it works well BUT attaching it to the internetbox does not. Internetbox firmware is also updated so i do not have any option to try.

Thanks for the replies.

suisse
Level 8
6 of 8

try to attach a USB stick or an SD card.

Perhaps the drive is not recognized properly. But since I don't know how to access the logs of the internet box, just try

7 of 8

suisse wrote:

try to attach a USB stick or an SD card.

Perhaps the drive is not recognized properly. But since I don't know how to access the logs of the internet box, just try

I am happy with this tips. 

Gian1
Level 1
8 of 8

I am probably experiencing similar issues to yours.... I have a mybook and a mycloud nas.... impossible to connect them to the IB... when you did that the first time, which was teh model of IB you had ? Is that the standard one ? I suspect the current IB standard does not support for some reasons WD NAS..... possible ?