• Closed

Internet Box and VoIP configuration

johners88
Level 2
1 of 6

History

I am a relatively new Vivo XL customer with 300Mb fibre. Previously I used Swisscom analogue for all outgoing telephone calls and two Voip providers for incoming calls from UK and Australia. This was all managed on my Siemens Gigaset c610IP wireless telephone. The Siemens base station could be programed with up to six VoIP accounts.

Current

The new Swisscom internet box allows the direct connection of DECT handsets (including my Siemens handset), but I cannot see how I can add my VoIP provider accounts to the Internet Box to sit along side the Swisscom VoIP settings.

Options

1) I purchased a Rousseau 310 which auto-installs Swisscom VoIP settings, but I cannot see how to add other VoIP providers, yet Swissvoice shows this is available. Does anyone know how to add VoIP providers to a Rousseau 310 base station?

2) I continue to use my Siemens c610IP. Does anyone know how to obtain my Swisscom VoIP settings so I may configure the Seimens handset along with my external providers?

5 Comments 5
suisse
Level 8
2 of 6
You cannot use VoIP with a foreign provider.

And Swisscom doesn't give out the settings.
Johners
Level 1
3 of 6
Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, I can use foreign providers on Swisscom, but I cannot use them inside Swisscom equipment?

This means I need to continue with my existing setup, which is Siemens through my LAN for foreign VoIP and the Swisscom service has to go through the analogue port on the back of the modem, so it can be converted back to VoIP! Alternatively, I have two phones, one for Swisscom and one for the other VoIP providers. Now that is service....
suisse
Level 8
4 of 6
You can use every kind of voip service. But you can't reconfigure a Swisscom router to directly use a foreign voip provider.

suisse
Level 8
5 of 6
Use another router like fritz box.
johners88
Level 2
6 of 6

Thanks for your replies. The Siemens unit provides all that is required because it supports 6 VoIP/SIP accounts. The annoying part is I cannot combine the Swisscom VoIP service and the foreign ones on the same device/router simply because Swisscom will not disclose my account settings. So now I must connect my Siemens base station to my LAN for foreign VoIP services and to the analogue plug on the back of the Swisscom internet box for the local service. Just silly as it converts from DECT-analogue-VoIP for just for Swisscom. It uses more power and is slower to connect or establish calls. The foreign VoIP services perform brilliantly on the back of the 300Mbps fibre.