• The questioner has marked this post as solved.
  • Closed

blocked bluewin on iPad since 30.10.2020 "wrong username or password"

dkepps
Level 1
1 of 6

My bluewin access on my iPad since 30 october 2020, has been refused with the message "The username or password for "imaps.bluewin.ch"is incorrect".  I have confirmed the settings and they have not changed.  Was there an update then that didn't register on ios systems".  Thanks for any advice you may have.

Dwain

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
dkepps
Level 1
6 of 6

Sincere apologies!  Having gone through the set-up instructions again I tried changing the password, and that was the key to opening the door.  Should have tried that before!  Thanks for your guidance and prompt response.  I'm greatly relieved.  My best to you all!

Dwain

5 Comments 5
DomiP
Super User
2 of 6

Please try to reconnect your Device with the following guide: https://emailsetup.swisscom.ch/guide/#step=iosPersonalInfo

Chi ha prescha perda seis temp. Resta pachific!
Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

Chi ha prescha perda seis temp. Resta pachific!
Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

Black Mamba
Super User
3 of 6

please specify iOS version installed and app used to connect to Bluewin

also check that iOS of iPad is up to date with the latest version
do an iPad cleaning and in particular browsing history

Email Settings Update

On this page: Adjust the settings of your e-mail program if they do not yet comply with the current security standards

On this page: Set up your Bluewin e-mail account on a PC or mobile phone. Problems sending or receiving e-mails? Repair the settings manually or automatically
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
dkepps
Level 1
4 of 6

Many thanks for your reply.  My IOS is 9.3.5.  I have gone through the Setting up & repairing email to assure the settings were as required, but this did not allow me to connect.  The email message I received indicated that I had five addresses (I thought I had only one!) and all were acceptable.  Up to 30 October everything worked perfectly well, which caused me to think that something must have happened around an update.  My username "dwain" and password work perfectly well on my desktop computer running Windows 10.  I discovered today, however, that the account with that username has apparently been invalidated. 

Black Mamba
Super User
5 of 6

this problem could be caused by a blacklist at Swisscom

please contact the Swisscom Hotline directly

Contact for your requests & complaints

Select your request and contact Swisscom by hotline, chat or text message

dkepps
Level 1
6 of 6

Sincere apologies!  Having gone through the set-up instructions again I tried changing the password, and that was the key to opening the door.  Should have tried that before!  Thanks for your guidance and prompt response.  I'm greatly relieved.  My best to you all!

Dwain