Download movies/TV Shows

NikiMax
Level 1
1 of 10

Can someone please tell me HOW to download a TV Show or Movie from Blue TV APP.  I have gone through so many channels and programs and still cannot find any 'download' symbol or word?  Is there a sorting list that will identify all channels and/or programs that can be downloaded?

9 Comments 9
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 10

@NikiMax Which App do you mean? The Blue TV App on Smart TVs/Apple TV Box) or the App on Mobile/Tablet. In first case (App on SmartTV, AppleTV) a download from the App is not possible. From the App on Mobiles/Tablet, you can locally download a show, film or whatever you recorded, by going to recording and the you can press the download button as shown in the picture below.

Gaeilgeoir_0-1715760402840.png

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
NikiMax
Level 1
3 of 10

Hello Gaeilgeoir , thanks for your help.  I am talking about the Blue TV App which we downloaded onto our Smart (Android) TV (in Caravan).  We also have the App on our iPad, iPhone and (normal) TV at home. But we want to be able to watch TV in our caravan when travelling and I was told of this was the only way outside of Switzerland, through a Live Swisscom Agent Chat.  OK. So I can't download on the Smart TV. I am just trying it on my iPhone Blue TV App (Recordings/Download).  So first I have to record something, then go to Recordings (on iphone/ipad) and Download it.  Does this Download then appear (somewhere ?) on my Smart TV to watch outside of Switzerland?  If yes, great..... do you then know how many movies/TV shows I can then 'Download', how much space is available in Downloads?  Many thanks

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 of 10

@NikiMax I'm not quite sure, as far as I know the number downloads is only restricted by the free storage space on the device on which the app is installed. When this space is full then no further downloads are possible. 

On the picture above you see at the bottom the field with the three lines, where is written "mehr" in the English version this would be "more", press on this the you will find the folder "downloads", there you'll find the downloaded content, but it does not appear on your Smart TV only on the device you downloaded it, as it is locally stored. Otherwise you can try a VPN connection to Switzerland or you can try to stream the downloads for your device to the Smart TV. 

NikiMax
Level 1
5 of 10

Thanks for that. Albeit a little disappointing. Whilst I was previously informed by a Swisscom person that I could 'download' to my Smart TV App.

I am from the 'older generation' and therefore your further advice "Otherwise you can try a VPN connection to Switzerland or you can try to stream the downloads for your device to the Smart TV", was all rather foreign to me.  I can only ask if you are able to provide more assistance with what you believe could be the simplest solution for us:  VPN or stream the downloads?  If it is a little complicated maybe you can suggest the easiest solution and provide a tutorial link?  Sorry if I am asking a little too much but I unfortunately donot understand either of these.... I quite simply would like to watch shows on our Smart TV with the chance of using our Swisscom (BLUE TV) account.

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
6 of 10

@NikiMax For VPN you should have an internet connection in the caravnn, I suppose you don't have it. I will check if it it possible via streaming from the device to Smart TV, if possible, as I have no experience with that. But I will check.

NikiMax
Level 1
7 of 10

OK. Great thanks for that, I will wait for futher assistance from you.  Internet at a caravan park cannot always be guaranteed.  This is why we are looking for various alternatives and since we anyway are a Swisscom Client we thought we'd try this somehow.  

An additional thought I had was with a USB stick.  Is it possible somehow with Blue TV or a Blue TV App to download a movie/TV show onto a USB Stick?  I know our Smart TV has the necessary plug for the stick....just trying to think of various ideas.

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
8 of 10

@NikiMax No, this does not work, the downloads in the Blue TV App on Cellphones/Tablet are saved only locally on these devices and can't be transfered to USB Stick, no chance. 

NikiMax
Level 1
9 of 10

Hello,

You mentioned that you would get back to me "I will check if it it possible via streaming from the device to Smart TV, if possible, as I have no experience with that. But I will check."  I have not yet received a response from you and would be grateful to receive your response.  Thank you

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
10 of 10

@NikiMax Sorry for the delay. One possiblity ist to use so called chromecast. Herewith you can stream content from you mobile to your TV, unfortunately Wlan is used for this, too. I would suggest to go to a camping site with Wlan, where you can use the Blue TV App on the TV (abroad for everything but Live TV), sorry that I don't better news.