myCloud desktop for invited users

lisebiss
Level 1
1 of 2

Dear all,

I am trying to open a myCloud link that someone shared with me, from the desktop app, but this keeps on pointing me towards my hypothetical own myCloud. Is it possible to access a myCloud of another user, through the desktop app? I have a password, which this person gave me, and which makes me able to enter into this cloud from Internet, but seems difficult from the Desktop app. Is this any possible or is the desktop app only to navigate into your OWN myCloud?

Many thanks in advance for your help!!

Best regards

1 Comment 1
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 2

@lisebiss 

How to install and use myCloud for desktop or as a mobile app, and how to automatically store, share and download your photos, files and videos.

Using the myCloud desktop and app – Help | Swisscom | Swisscom

myCloud desktop
Connect your computer directly to your online storage: everything you place in the new folder is stored locally on your device.

Share myCloud files
You can send photos, videos and files that you have uploaded to your myCloud quickly and easily to someone else.

Via Link
1. Go to your myCloud account and select the content you want to share.
2. Click on “Share” in the blue navigation bar.
3. You can now decide whether the recipients are allowed to add their own content to the share. Decide whether you want to protect the link with a password or expiry date.
4. Copy the link or download the QR code and send it to the intended recipients.

Via Bluewin E-Mail
Want to send a file that exceeds the maximum attachment size of 15 MB? You can attach the required file as a link to your e-mails via a separate shared window directly in Bluewin e-mail. This saves on storage in the inbox for you and the recipient. The recipient does not need a myCloud account to download the content or add new content.

Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"
Un "Like" fait toujours plaisir / Valider une réponse comme "Solution"