DVB-I Service List Aggregation

Papaye
Level 5
1 of 7

DVB-I Service List Aggregation

DVB-I can deliver on-demand content.

DVB-I supports various options for the provision of service lists, which enables the support of many different deployment scenarios and business models. Exactly what kinds of lists appear is up to those who implement the specification.

https://dvb-i.tv/faq/

DVB-I covers the signalling of services available over the internet – possibly combined with terrestrial, cable and/or satellite services

https://dvb-i.tv/videos/

skeleton Central Service List Registry, and planned enhancements to the DVB-I specification

Is a must have easy integration for end user terminal TV-App/Web and TV-Box.

Edited
6 Comments 6
bitracer
Super User
2 of 7

It's more for hybrid scenarios where you have broadband and over the air service. It's not that relevant in the context of a typical Swisscom customer. 

Papaye
Level 5
3 of 7

Totally applicable as IPTV stream source TV provider whitout downloading proprietary app like TV does for broadcast 😉

Auto discover official TV stream provider via your internet service provider with DVB-I service facility as for every connected TV without proprietary software but your TV coud discover channel like discover broadcast TV DVB-C/DVB-T but here like Swisscom bue TV IPTV/MPEG DASH stream as source without external box.

Papaye
Level 5
4 of 7

In simple terms, DVB-I is an internet-centric mechanism to signal and discover television services, whether delivered over broadband or broadcast. Those services can be presented in a unified manner on any suitable receiver – from TV sets to personal consumer devices

https://dvb.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/dvb-i_ibc2023_FINAL.pdf

norme DVB-I (lafibre.info) 

All connected TV should be DVB-I mandatory much better than DVB-T/T2/C/S2/S2X effortless setup that allow discovers stream TV over the top (OTT/IPTV TV provider from your local internet service provider, here Swisscom blue Internet and blue TV or wingo.ch Internet wired and Wingo.ch TV without tv box should be a must have.

Please any TV manufacturer Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, add DVB-I as standard function from factory to all your TV trough OTA update. Thank you for your customers loyalty without 

The test: as easy as tuning, as easy as changing channels

Telefunken TV's DVB-I channels are automatically tuned downstream of the digital terrestrial channels.

Hope Swisscom and Screen TV partners would made more easy install for end user without external box and always up to date a least for min 10 years 🙂
my Samsung UEB7000 serie TV disconnected survive more than 14 years and still in use for watch TV 🙂

DVBProject/DVB-I-Reference-Client: DVB-I Reference Client being developed by Sofia Digital (github.c...

Edited
bitracer
Super User
5 of 7

That's just not how the content is consumed in this streaming app world. You install the streaming apps and leverage the Apple TV or Android/Google TV functionality and search capabilities to discover content. 

Papaye
Level 5
6 of 7

Apple TV and  Android/Google TV should discovers TV channels operator trough DVB-I

bitracer
Super User
7 of 7

Good luck with convincing them.