• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Remote connection to indoor camera

Veteinied34
Level 1
1 of 3

I have 2 d-link cameras connected to the wifi. I can access them remotely only when I am at home and connected to the same network. When I am away the image is not loading. 

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
Doremi
Super User
2 of 3

@Veteinied34 

@Veteinied34  ha scritto:

I have 2 d-link cameras connected to the wifi. I can access them remotely only when I am at home and connected to the same network. When I am away the image is not loading. 

Hello Veteinied34 

To access your D-Link cameras remotely, you can either download a D-Link application associated with your camera on your mobile device or, on a PC from outside, activate the VPN provided by Swisscom through your Internet Box.

Doremi

Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
Veteinied34
Level 1
3 of 3

Thank you Doremi. Your help was very helpful. I was using the D-Link app but with another VPN on my device. By turning off the VPN I was able to access the cam remotely. Next step will be to try with the VPN provided by Swisscom on the internet box as suggested by you. Thank you!

2 Comments 2
Doremi
Super User
2 of 3

@Veteinied34 

@Veteinied34  ha scritto:

Hello Veteinied34 

To access your D-Link cameras remotely, you can either download a D-Link application associated with your camera on your mobile device or, on a PC from outside, activate the VPN provided by Swisscom through your Internet Box.

Doremi

Veteinied34
Level 1
3 of 3

Thank you Doremi. Your help was very helpful. I was using the D-Link app but with another VPN on my device. By turning off the VPN I was able to access the cam remotely. Next step will be to try with the VPN provided by Swisscom on the internet box as suggested by you. Thank you!