• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Printer unable to connect to WLAN-3 box

Robert Watts
Level 2
1 of 3

I have changed my WLAN-2 box for a WLAN-3 box. Almost everything works perfectly except my Canon TS8250 printer which cannot connect to it. If I swap the WLAN-2 box back in, it connects again. The TS8250 only works at 2.4GHz. So I configured the Internet Box3 into 2 separate WLAN, one at 2.4 GHz and the other at 5GHz. It still failed with connection error. So something very bizarre is going on. I had thought to get a new printer which works at both speeds, bit I am worried about wasting my money. Thanks for any ideas.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Doremi
Super User
2 of 3

@Robert Watts Hello

Modification on the internet box 192.168.1.1

It is quite possible that the printer, like many devices connected to wi-fi, does not yet support WPA 3 encryption. This encryption must be set only to WPA 2 and not to WPA 2 - WPA 3.

Doremi

Capture d’écran 2022-12-13 à 13.45.09.png

Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
Doremi-Yes, Jon Anderson, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin and Don Grusin, Enigma, Era, Karl Jenkins, Lindsey Stirling, Anne Dudley, Vanessa Mae, The Art Of Noise, Véronique Sanson, Bob James,Sarah Brightman, London Symphony Orchestra
2 Comments 2
Doremi
Super User
2 of 3

@Robert Watts Hello

Modification on the internet box 192.168.1.1

It is quite possible that the printer, like many devices connected to wi-fi, does not yet support WPA 3 encryption. This encryption must be set only to WPA 2 and not to WPA 2 - WPA 3.

Doremi

Capture d’écran 2022-12-13 à 13.45.09.png

Robert Watts
Level 2
3 of 3

Thank you very much. This solved the problem straight away. I have spent hours trying to solve this and I am vewry grateful. 😃