cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use MyCloud with the family PCs ?

Contributor
1 of 6

Hello,

I have one Swisscom account at home but 4 PCs, mine, my wife and my 2 daughters.

How to synch these 4  PC with myCloud ? 

Thnak-you for your support,

Paolo

5 Comments
Contributor
2 of 6

Hello @PaoloTarenzi

I think, that myCloud Desktop might be a possibility to synchronize the 4 PCs with your myCloud.

Here you'll find more information about myCloud Desktop.

Contributor
3 of 6

Dear cymett,

Thank-you for your answer but the situation is more complexe;

- One Swisscom mycloud account for the family but

- Four PCs with different folders to synchronize with this common mycloud account

I suspect only one PC can synchronize his own data, mycloud cannot merge 4 PCs data within one single account but I hope Swisscom will reply...

Bests,

Paolo

Contributor
4 of 6

@PaoloTarenzi

As long as everyone is logged in with the same username/account it should work with myCloud Desktop. Each person can put their desired folders from their PC into the myCloud Desktop folder and it should all be synchronized on the same myCloud account. 

Just try it and if it doesn't work you can write a support ticket here.

Community Manager
5 of 6

Hello @PaoloTarenzi

@cymett​​​​​​​ is right, simply download the desktop client ​​​​​​​and login with the same account/ Sswisscom login.

We strongly recommend to get one myCloud per person, as myCloud is foreseen to be a personal cloud solution for uploading personal content.

Another solution would be to open a folder and/or album and share this via a link to all family members. That way, everybody could upload/share content with this shared folder/album, but the personal content is kept separate.

Hope it helps

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Edited
Contributor
6 of 6

Thank-you LeylaG

I summary, this mixed synchronized solution should be possible under same my cloud account

Folders in my mycloud->         /House        /Insurances          /Taxes           /Photography        /sport       /Pictures       /Art

Folders Synchronized
             on families PCs

• Paolo's PC                                                               X                              X                          X                                                                     X
  • Tiziana's PC                                  X                        X                                                                                                                                  X
  • Laura's PC                                      X                                                                                     X                        X      
  • Milena's PC                                                                                                                                                     X                     X