Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Upload speed. mobileinOne L

Highlighted
Novice
1 of 2

Hi All,

here is the problem that i have nowadays with my iPhone 7 and inOnemobile L package. 

It has been almost 3 months that i have chnaged my package from M to L to get better speed and roaming data plan.

During the first week or two I was contantly measuring the speed (Speedtest app) of my 4G connection on the iPhone. And i was more than happy with it, as i was reaching astonishing D 170Mbps and U 99Mbps. 

But this didn't last long. After about 3 weeks i have realsied that my Upload speed cannot pass more than 45 Mbps.

I have been measuring it in the center of Geneva during the day and at night. In Meyrin, in Petit Lancy. All those places where i used to have up to 100 Mbps of UP speed. But i was not able to reach more then 45-47 Mbps. As  if it became limited at this level by Swisscom. I still continue doing this every day just to see if it chnages. No luck.

Today i have called Swisscom support and they were not able to tell me how much 'High speed' exactly is. As even they don't have this data. I have opened a ticket within Tier 2 for this.

What I realised that most probably Swisscom has limited the upload speed to 45 Mbps on purpose in order not to overload their network or something else. 

BUT, sorry, for 140.- a month i want to have FULL speed of 4G on my latest iPhone 7. This is why i buy these things. 

Does anybody have the same feelin/issue. Can somebody help?

P. S.Please do not suggest any resets, change of locations and do not tell me about the amount of people connected to the same cell at the given time. This all has been tried and never made any difference. 

Thanks.

Serge

Edited
1 Comment
2 of 2

@@Serge Lymar wrote:
[...]
But i was not able to reach more then 45-47 Mbps. As  if it became limited at this level by Swisscom. I still continue doing this every day just to see if it chnages. No luck. What I realised that most probably Swisscom has limited the upload speed to 45 Mbps on purpose in order not to overload their network or something else. 

[...]

Does anybody have the same feelin/issue. Can somebody help?

Sure thing, I do have the same feeling, though I cannot really "prove" it. With a 4 out of 5 bar, 4G+, freshly resetted and rebooted SGS5 connected on an antenna which has sufficient capacity, I currently get 27.6 MBps download and 30.6 MBps upload rate. This is worse than when I had the M option.

Not sure what to do and if resorting to T2 support really improves this, as I have been asking for explanations for a while now and I always get the same answers regarding antenna capacity, connected users, phone capability, etc. Might be the case, but it's at times frustrating.