cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Prepaid card / SIM not supported

Chetzottiest45
Level 1
1 of 5

Hi, I bough a prepaid Swisscom SIM card and when installing it in an old iPhone 6 I get a message ‘SIM not supported’. it says the iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy. Can you help?

Thanks, Pedro

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
DomiP
Level 1
2 of 5

Hi Pedro, 

where did you bought the iPhone? 

If you got it from a Store like Media Mark or Melectronics it should work but if you got it from Salt or Sunrise for example, they may have locked the device that just their SIM-Cards can operate.

In the first case, you should visit a Swisscom Shop, otherwise contact your previous provider.

Greetings.

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

4 Comments 4
DomiP
Level 1
2 of 5

Hi Pedro, 

where did you bought the iPhone? 

If you got it from a Store like Media Mark or Melectronics it should work but if you got it from Salt or Sunrise for example, they may have locked the device that just their SIM-Cards can operate.

In the first case, you should visit a Swisscom Shop, otherwise contact your previous provider.

Greetings.

Dominik

Zuldippe68
Level 1
3 of 5

I also don't know what's the problem but usually when sim card is used with ip for some time then when i insert that sim card to another ip it doesn't work. Is it because of the settings as you said or my phone has a problem

Edited
Gaeilgeoir
Level 1
4 of 5

@Zuldippe68 This is an older topic. The fastest way to get an answer from a person, it to tag him/her via @DomiP. Then he will get a notification. I did it now for you 😀.

Ma olaim an t-airgead is ma bhronnaim an t-or
O caide sin do'n te sin nach mbaineann sin do
Edited
DomiP
Level 1
5 of 5

@Zuldippe68 where did you bought your Phone?

Dominik