cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording only a part of a program (manual recording)

Highlighted
1 of 6

Until last year it was possible to manually record a part of a program instead of the whole thing.  I was told yesterday that this is no longer possible.  How is it that Swisscom TV, with all its sophisticated functions (which are much appreciated) cannot have a simple "start recording" and "stop recording" function?.  This was possible decades ago and it is definitely a step backwards for Swisscom TV.  Often one only wants to record a segment of a program, e.g. one recipe from a program which includes several, one subject in a long program which contains several different subjects or the opening ceremony of a program which lasts for several hours.  Not having this function takes up memory uselessly (especially for long events) and makes finding the right portion of the program extremely difficult.    Is there any chance that Swisscom TV could envisage correcting this lack?  Thank you.

5 Comments 5
Highlighted
Super User
2 of 6

> cannot have a simple "start recording" and "stop recording" function?

with Swisscom TV Entertainment OS 4.1

Recordings > Manage recordings > Manual recording, see image below

do you still need to know exactly when the part of the program you want to record begins and ends ?

i1.jpg

Meilleures salutations de la Communauté francophone
Customers help customers

Edited
Highlighted
3 of 6

Thank you for your reply, but I have the TV M subscription which doesn't have this possibility (even though all Swisscom TV subscriptions had it up until last year).

Highlighted
Super User
4 of 6

this functionality does not depend on the type of TV subscription L or M

it is sufficient to have a Swisscom Box or a UHD TV-Box

with Swisscom TV Entertainment OS 4.1 installed

to be checked in the Swisscom TV system settings

software versions below or higher
Swisscom Box: 6.121.6

UHD Box: 3.121.6

if this is not restart the TV-Box so that the latest software version can be installed

Customers help customers

Highlighted
5 of 6

Thank you for this solution, HOWEVER, I find it unacceptable that a feature which Swisscom offered free of charge to customers for years now necessitates an "upgrade" by buying a new box.  Swisscom should be improving their present products instead of forcing customers to buy yet another piece of equipment in order to benefit from a feature which was included in their previous package.  Ths is a huge step backwards for Swisscom and a big disappointment to someone like me who has been a faithful client from the very beginning of Swisscom TV.

Highlighted
Super User
6 of 6

> necessitates an "upgrade" by buying a new box

depending on the answer given, it is difficult to understand which devices to change?
Please specify the position and the current equipment that are installed or available

Otherwise, more generally, it's exactly the same with all the leaders in the technical, communication, online commerce market: Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Micrososft, etc.
Therefore this a very common practice and it should not be surprising

Customers help customers