Switch on your TV set with the Swisscom TV remote control

Switch on your TV set with the Swisscom TV remote control

0% helpful (0/1)

Do you need two remote controls to launch your TV set and Swisscom TV? One to switch on the television, and the other to operate the Swisscom TV-Box? If you do, we have a few tips for you. Pair your Swisscom TV remote control with your TV set so you can switch it on and off and also regulate the volume.

Would you like to roll two remote controls into one? Go to your Swisscom TV settings. Click "General settings">"Pair remote control" for step-by-step instructions. Then you can select what you want to control with your Swisscom TV remote control:

• Switch TV set on and off
  • Adjust and mute the volume

You need the TV set remote control for all other television functions.

Where do I have to point my Swisscom TV remote control?

The Swisscom TV remote control operates via infrared sensor and the Swisscom TV-Box via Bluetooth. So you have to point the TV remote control at the TV set to switch it on and off and adjust the volume. You don’t have to point in a particular direction for any other commands to the Swisscom TV-Box.

After pairing, how do I switch the TV set on and off?

After pairing, the Swisscom TV remote control can only switch the TV set on and off via the power button. All other buttons switch on the TV-Box, but not the TV set. You can continue to use the TV remote control at the same time.

What do I do if the Swisscom TV-Box is switched on, but the TV set isn’t (or vice-versa)?

If the TV set is switched on, but the Swisscom TV-Box isn’t, press either the radio or home button, or a number on the Swisscom TV remote control. The box will then switch itself on. If the box is switched on, but the TV set isn’t, proceed as follows: hold your hand in front of the Swisscom TV remote control to block the infrared sensor and switch off the Swisscom TV-Box with the power button. Then take your hand away and press the power button again on the Swisscom TV remote control.

Pairing failed although the brand is displayed in the list of TV makes. What can I do? 

If pairing doesn't work, the following message is displayed: “Sorry, TV set pairing failed. Please try again later.” This may be for various reasons:

• Your TV set is too old and does not support this function. Unfortunately a list of supported models is not available.
  • A technical error cropped up during pairing and you need to repeat the process.
  • The General Terms and Conditions weren't accepted when the Internet router was set up for the first time. In this case, please contact Customer Support.   
  • Your Swisscom Login is not linked to your TV 2.0 subscription. In this case, please contact Customer Support.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
Contributors