cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

WLAN Power and Additional information

Highlighted
Contributor
1 of 5

@GuidoT 

Hello everyone,

I am wondering to understand how tht WLAN works.

I noted that the Transmitting power in 2.4Gh goes from 15.5 and then drain to 0, and sometime I only have 15.5 on Ant0 and 0 on Ant1/2.

And sometime even RSSI in 5Gh Ant1/2/3 is 0.

It's this the correct behaviours?

Other information are not so easy to understand by the way.

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 09.06.45.pngScreenshot 2019-04-20 at 08.58.32.png

Thanks GuidoT and Happy easter.

iPing

Former Swisscom Staff
MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Swisscom
4 of 5

Hi

0 is only a display error. There is a bug in the Broadcom driver with no impact on real life. We are waiting for Broadcom to fix it. I already explained that in my article about how to detect if the 5 GHz WLAN is defect.

Guido

Head of Access & Communication Services @ Product & Marketing Department, Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
4 Comments
2 of 5

hi dude, ive the same prob. you find an answer?

Contributor
3 of 5
Hi, no. No answer so far. I hope that someone from swisscom may answer. This may explain the poor Wireless coverage and speed. The box behivour seams anyway really strange. As far I understand, all value can varies for sur, but having 100% then 0%, then 100% it's more a misfunctioning comming from the Askey box and/or vestiacom.
Former Swisscom Staff
Swisscom
4 of 5

Hi

0 is only a display error. There is a bug in the Broadcom driver with no impact on real life. We are waiting for Broadcom to fix it. I already explained that in my article about how to detect if the 5 GHz WLAN is defect.

Guido

Head of Access & Communication Services @ Product & Marketing Department, Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
Contributor
5 of 5
Merci Guido, I wait on a new update to see what happend. By the way I have a other IB2, without the Homedevice port at the back, that simply not work on 5GHz.
Former Swisscom Staff