cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mesh function: Even more WLAN range

ThomasS
Community Manager
1 of 3

Poor WLAN reception in your home? Installing one or more WLAN-Boxes should improve this for you. Good news: Thanks to the mesh function, you now have even more Wi-Fi range and are also flexible in the placement of the boxes.

wlan-box-multiple.pngPreviously, the WLAN-Boxes always had to be connected to the Internet-Box directly. However, thanks to the new mesh function, it no longer matters whether you position your devices in a star configuration around your Internet-Box or connect them ‘in series’. This is because the WLAN-Boxes are now able to forward the signals to the router, which is all thanks to the mesh function.

Looking to optimise your home network? Then check out our guide to optimal home networking. Should you have any questions, please remember that you can also ask our professionals in the Community.

liebe Grüsse, bien cordialement, cari saluti, best regards
ThomasS
Edited
2 Comments 2
Alanz
Level 4
2 of 3

Hi @ThomasS 

is the new mesh function only available with the new WLAN box or also the old ones do?

I have a IB3 and 2x WLAN box of the older generation (i.e. without ventilation holes on the side)

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
Abbonamento: inOne home + TV + mobile, pacchetto Sports.
ThomasS
Community Manager
3 of 3

@Alanz wrote:

is the new mesh function only available with the new WLAN box or also the old ones do?

I have a IB3 and 2x WLAN box of the older generation (i.e. without ventilation holes on the side)

The new mesh functionality is available with WLAN-Box and WLAN-Box 2.

You need firmwarm version 11.03.33, which should already be installed by now.

liebe Grüsse, bien cordialement, cari saluti, best regards
ThomasS