cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 and 11.3

Keitiompie23
Level 4
1 of 10

I have just upgraded the os on my Macbook Air to Big Sur 11.3 and can no longer read data from the USB disc connected to my router.

our other (identical) Macbook Air is running Big Sur 11..2.3 and can connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Doremi
Level 4
6 of 10

@psinc @Keitiompie23 

Hello.

Indeed, since the update of the firmware of the internet box it is imperative to check the box "Activate the access to the data via the AFP protocol" of the main memory. The adjustment of this one is indicated by the following captures.

Regards Doremi

Capture d’écran 2021-05-04 à 23.40.31.pngCapture d’écran 2021-05-04 à 23.36.23.png

Mystrom & La pomme croquée
9 Comments 9
Black Mamba
Level 4
2 of 10

@Keitiompie23 

thanks for contribution

Have you ever restarted the IB3 and if that doesn't help, did you do a factory reset?

Keitiompie23
Level 4
3 of 10

We have an IB2 and yes, I have restated it but it's no better.  I could try a factory reset, however, I feel it is unlikely to help. My Macbook Air (MacOS 11.3) can't access the drive but my partners (MacOS 11.2.3) can't so it seems more like an 11.3 / IB compatibility issue.

Black Mamba
Level 4
4 of 10

@Keitiompie23 

thanks for the feedback

The problem sometimes exists with new versions or beta versions MacOS / Apple

they have more recent technological rights, which are not 100% compatible with all functionalities

be patient until the updates which should not delay

psinc
Level 4
5 of 10

I have this problem to.  Rebooting router did not work. Hard reseting the router, (Swisscom Internet-Box 3, pin in the bottom), did not work. Running this command: sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext from terminal, did not work. Shut everything down and restart. Did not work. Checked the sharing settings under 'Preferences'.

My usb hard drive is a WD Green 2 TB sata in Icybox. It works perfectly from Windows 11 on the same network. When I upgraded Macbook Air to Big Sur 11.3 I get "internetbox-nas connection failed message". Macbook is: MacBookAir10,1 Chip: Apple M1. Router has Firmware version 11.03.50/11.03.48

I suspect the culprit is Big Sur 11.3 and a firmware upgrade needs building and releasing for the Swisscom router.

Update: As a workaround (and another test), I connected to my windows 11 computer over the wifi network. I can access and edit files on that computer from my macbook. Then I can put files there to stage back to the shared drive on the Swisscom router.

Edited
Doremi
Level 4
6 of 10

@psinc @Keitiompie23 

Hello.

Indeed, since the update of the firmware of the internet box it is imperative to check the box "Activate the access to the data via the AFP protocol" of the main memory. The adjustment of this one is indicated by the following captures.

Regards Doremi

Capture d’écran 2021-05-04 à 23.40.31.pngCapture d’écran 2021-05-04 à 23.36.23.png

Mystrom & La pomme croquée
Keitiompie23
Level 4
7 of 10

Brilliant, thank you!

Friowiefreb90
Level 4
8 of 10

Thanks a lot. Thomas

psinc
Level 4
9 of 10

Hi,

Many thanks for this. That fixed it.

LeylaG
Level 4
10 of 10

Hello @Keitiompie23 @Friowiefreb90 and @psinc

Glad that @Doremi could provide a quick and efficient solution!

You can reward him by giving a like and accepting his comment as a solution 🙂

Have a nice day

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions