cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Internet-Box plus falsely showing "No devices are connected via Ethernet cable"

Highlighted
Contributor
1 of 2

The latest firmware update of the Internet-Box plus seems to have broken the support of wired ethernet ports on the GUI.

 

sox-screenshot0612.png

 

Luckily the wired ethernet ports still work, otherwise I would not be able to write this message!

 

Still, this is very disturbing as NOT a single device which is connected via the ethernet wire is visible on the GUI, nor on the DHCP server list of assigned addresses, in spite of the fact that the IP addresses are given out normally.

 

The network topology visualization shows no devices either, which is false:

 

sox-screenshot0613.png

 

These are the details of my router:

 

Device Name Internet-Box plus
Manufacturer Siligence
Serial Number 5.01409F0C39708
Model SGA441SW
 
Firmware Version 10.01.36 10.01.50
DECT version 0412.14
Web portal version 01400
 
Am I the only one experiencing this issue with the wired ethernet port on this router?
 

Thanks, Luca

MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
2 of 2

An update to the situation, which seem to have solved itself by changing the ethernet ports on which the cable to the two switches I have in the house are attached.

 

For a long while the cables were attached to Port 3 and Port 4 of the Internet-Box plus, and I have never had problems.

 

Now, with the new firmware and the issue I described above, I tried the workaround of changing the two cables to Port 1 and Port 2, and all of a sudden I can finally see both the devices connected thru the wired ports via the switches, their DHCP leases, and can also see the network topology of the whole network.

 

Clearly there is still some bug somewhere in the code, but this workaround has at least solved the issue for me at this time.

 

Bye, Luca

 

1 Comment
Contributor
2 of 2

An update to the situation, which seem to have solved itself by changing the ethernet ports on which the cable to the two switches I have in the house are attached.

 

For a long while the cables were attached to Port 3 and Port 4 of the Internet-Box plus, and I have never had problems.

 

Now, with the new firmware and the issue I described above, I tried the workaround of changing the two cables to Port 1 and Port 2, and all of a sudden I can finally see both the devices connected thru the wired ports via the switches, their DHCP leases, and can also see the network topology of the whole network.

 

Clearly there is still some bug somewhere in the code, but this workaround has at least solved the issue for me at this time.

 

Bye, Luca