cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Internet Box 3 performance issues on latest firmware

Steirattuth44
Level 1
1 of 7

Hello everyone,

I have strange issue with IB3 and LG TV/PS4.
With latest firmware 11.01.30 (or ib3_np_11-01-24) I'm facing issues with internet access on TV and  PS4, connection extremely slow.
On TV I'm not able to watch anything on YouTube or Netflix. Video terminating each few seconds, quality dropping to 240p, even with this quality nothing is working.
On PS4 download speed very low  ~124 Kbit/s.

TV and PS4 connected via Ethernet cable directly to IB3.

Meanwhile all works fine on PC (connected to 2.5GBit/s port) and on laptops/mobile phones (connected to WiFi).

What I tried to do:
1. Swap between LAN/WLAN
2. Swap between IPv6/IPv4
3. During Summer I received IB3 replacement
4. Downgrade to ib3_np_11-01-24 firmware

All these doesn't help.

Only one thing solve all the problems, downgrading to ib3_np_11-01-14 firmware, on this firmware all works perfect.

BR,
Kirill.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
MichelB
Level 1
3 of 7

@Steirattuth44 

Thanks for sharing your issues with the IB3 firmware. This sounds suspicious to me.

It would be interesting to know, if the new beta firmware 11.03.24 is also showing this behaviour:

The Version is available for download (German page only): 

https://www.swisscom.ch/de/privatkunden/hilfe/internet/firmware-aktualisieren-internet-box.html

Thanks for you feedback,

Michel

Experience Developer Router @ Product & Marketing Department, Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
6 Comments 6
Black Mamba
Level 1
2 of 7

@Steirattuth44 

Select your request and contact Swisscom by hotline, chat or text message.

My request is : ...

My Service : Support for technical issues

Do charges apply for calls to 0800 822 830?

No, it is a freephone number. However, if a service is requested without a subscription, a charge of CHF 40.–/15 minutes will apply for the service. The price of the support will always be agreed with the customer before work starts.
MichelB
Level 1
3 of 7

@Steirattuth44 

Thanks for sharing your issues with the IB3 firmware. This sounds suspicious to me.

It would be interesting to know, if the new beta firmware 11.03.24 is also showing this behaviour:

The Version is available for download (German page only): 

https://www.swisscom.ch/de/privatkunden/hilfe/internet/firmware-aktualisieren-internet-box.html

Thanks for you feedback,

Michel

Experience Developer Router @ Product & Marketing Department, Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
Steirattuth44
Level 1
4 of 7

@MichelB 

Thanks a lot, I will try this firmware and will share result.

BR, Kirill.

Steirattuth44
Level 1
5 of 7

@MichelB 

All works great with beta firmware 11.03.24.

Thank you for help.

Jiossaffath80
Level 1
6 of 7

For your information,

I'm facing the same issue since this morning when i updated the firmware to 10.05.44.

Since then the wifi switches off regularly every few minutes. In the diagnostics of the box I see the CPU been regularly at 90%. The LAN connection is stable but not the wifi.

I have updated further using the beta, but the issue remains.

If someone has the version 10.04.40 and could share, i would appreciate it.

Jiossaffath80
Level 1
7 of 7

I should have mentioned in my case it is for the Internet-Box Standard