Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Box 3 and 802.11n devices

Herrera_JC
Level 1
1 of 6

Hi 

I am having a lot of issues with my 802.11n speakers since I upgraded to Internet Box 3(It was working just fine before the upgrade). Frankly, it made my sound set-up unusable. 

When I look at the diagnosis on the Internet box 3 it looks like the 802.11n speakers are(at best) at 150 000. I tried changing locations/positions but it doesnt improve. 

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I feel "dual band" is not in place and thus any package loss results in audio hiccups. 

Cheers
Juan

5 Comments 5
IloveIB
Level 1
2 of 6

I guess that the problem is Wifi 6 (AX). There are some older devices that have issues if Wifi 6 is enabled. If possible and available try to update the device, especially the wifi driver.

However as a workaround you can try to disable Wifi 6 on the IB3. Go to the Menu of the IB3, log in and then go to WLAN/Wifi on the left side. The you will see on the right a check box to disable Wifi 6. Maybe that helps.

Früher Arbeit, heute Hobby.
Werner
Level 1
3 of 6

Try to update the speakers at the newest release.

As a test on the IB3 itself you can try:

- disable WiFi 6

- reduce the encryption of the WiFi from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA2 only

Selbstdeklaration: Emanzipierter Kunde und Hobby-Nerd ohne wirtschaftliche Abhängigkeiten zur Swisscom
Herrera_JC
Level 1
4 of 6

Thanks, 
I did disable WIFI6 a few weeks ago. There was an improvement but not enough to be usable. 
Of course the speakers are all already on the latest firmware, thanks for the suggestion

Herrera_JC
Level 1
5 of 6

Thanks, Wifi6 and the firmware on the speakers are already in place, but that has not been enough. I will play with the encription to see if that works. Cheers

POGO 1104
Level 1
6 of 6

Which kind of WiFi speakers are you using ?

keep on rockin'