• Closed

Internet Box 3 and 802.11n devices

Herrera_JC
Level 1
1 of 6

Hi 

I am having a lot of issues with my 802.11n speakers since I upgraded to Internet Box 3(It was working just fine before the upgrade). Frankly, it made my sound set-up unusable. 

When I look at the diagnosis on the Internet box 3 it looks like the 802.11n speakers are(at best) at 150 000. I tried changing locations/positions but it doesnt improve. 

Any ideas on how to solve this?

I feel "dual band" is not in place and thus any package loss results in audio hiccups. 

Cheers
Juan

5 Comments 5
Super User
2 of 6

I guess that the problem is Wifi 6 (AX). There are some older devices that have issues if Wifi 6 is enabled. If possible and available try to update the device, especially the wifi driver.

However as a workaround you can try to disable Wifi 6 on the IB3. Go to the Menu of the IB3, log in and then go to WLAN/Wifi on the left side. The you will see on the right a check box to disable Wifi 6. Maybe that helps.

Beschreibe Dein Problem klar und eindeutig und Dir kann geholfen werden ... vielleicht
Beschreibe Dein Problem klar und eindeutig und Dir kann geholfen werden ... vielleicht
Werner
Super User
3 of 6

Try to update the speakers at the newest release.

As a test on the IB3 itself you can try:

- disable WiFi 6

- reduce the encryption of the WiFi from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA2 only

Selbstdeklaration: Emanzipierter Kunde und Hobby-Nerd ohne wirtschaftliche Abhängigkeiten zur Swisscom
Selbstdeklaration: Emanzipierter Kunde und Hobby-Nerd ohne wirtschaftliche Abhängigkeiten zur Swisscom
Herrera_JC
Level 1
4 of 6

Thanks, 
I did disable WIFI6 a few weeks ago. There was an improvement but not enough to be usable. 
Of course the speakers are all already on the latest firmware, thanks for the suggestion

Herrera_JC
Level 1
5 of 6

Thanks, Wifi6 and the firmware on the speakers are already in place, but that has not been enough. I will play with the encription to see if that works. Cheers

POGO 1104
Super User
6 of 6

Which kind of WiFi speakers are you using ?

keep on rockin'
keep on rockin'