cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.
  • Floated

Hello WLAN-Box 2!

Community Manager
1 of 4

Hey Community!

I am pleased to inform you that Swisscom is offering the new WLAN-Box 2 today.

The WLAN-Box 2 supports the latest Wi-Fi standard (Wi-Fi 6) and enables significantly higher Wi-Fi speed for the home. What else can the new WLAN-Box 2 do?

• It is a 3 in 1 device that can be used to connect the TV box to the router, as a Wi-Fi repeater or as a Wi-Fi access point.
  • Compatible with internet box 3, Internet box2, internet box standard and plus.
  • Enlarges the Wi-Fi of the Internet box and ensures that Wi-Fi devices connect automatically.

Technical features:

• Automatic control of the end devices to the best WLAN
  • Wi-Fi 6 Standard (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
  • Maximum Wi-Fi speed 4.8 Gbps (5 GHz)
  • Maximum Wi-Fi speed 600 Mbps (2.4GHz)
  • 3 x 1 Gbps Ethernet port
  • Dimensions: 118 x 118 x 47 mm
  • Power consumption: 6.5 W

We're looking forward to your feedback when you use the new WLAN-Box 2 at your home.

Best Greetings

IvanH

WLANBox2_vorne_Det.png

Swisscom Mitarbeiter im Bereich Social Media & Community Management.
Employé Swisscom dans le domaine Social Media & Community Management.
Swisscom employee in the field of Social Media & Community Management.
MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 1
3 of 4

Finnaly, I bought this device for checking out (there is a 14 day return, if the device is not fit for me).

Its fit for my case. But I had to connect Wlan-Box 2 by ethernet cable("daisy connection") to the my Internet-Box 2.

All my Google devices and smart home devices(lights and switches) are working well.

3 Comments
Highlighted
Level 1
2 of 4

Hi IvanH!

I have a question.
Does WLAN-Box 2 work on a "mesh" basis?
I mean - will the device be perceived as the main network?
This is important for me, since my Google Home and Google Nest devices must be in the same Wifi network.
For example: Google Home device is connected to Internet Box 2(my main router in home),
and Google Nest device will be connected to WLAN-Box 2 and Google Nest device should perceive his connection as to Internet Box 2.

Thanx.

Highlighted
Level 1
3 of 4

Finnaly, I bought this device for checking out (there is a 14 day return, if the device is not fit for me).

Its fit for my case. But I had to connect Wlan-Box 2 by ethernet cable("daisy connection") to the my Internet-Box 2.

All my Google devices and smart home devices(lights and switches) are working well.

Highlighted
Community Manager
4 of 4

Hello @XelaThonex

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am glad the WLAN-Box 2 works for you! 😀👍

Have a good day

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!