Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFE firmware upload for Internet-Box PLUS

Highlighted
Contributor
1 of 14

Dear Community,

I tried to upload a firmware in the Internet-Box Plus (model SGA441 SW) and it failed. Now I'm stuck in the CFE bootloader which is asking for a firmware upload:

cfe63xx_web-upgrade.png

I tried to upload the last firmware 10.00.44 (ibp_np_10-00-44.rui file) and I have an error saying: "Image Uploading failed. The selected file contains an illegal image.

I have serial access and I tried to see if I can load by TFTP but it always returns error -21.

I'm wondering if someone here is having a firmware image (even an old one) which could be uploaded from the CFE bootloader webpage. The one that I can download from the Internet site is adapted, I think, to be uploaded from the user interface.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

SSR

13 Comments
Super User
2 of 14

which firmware is currently available ?

Aktuelle Router Firmware für Internet-Box plus (September 2018)

Alle Internet-Boxen werden in den nächsten Wochen automatisch auf die neue Version aktualisiert.

Aktuelle Applikations Firmware für Internet-Box plus (September 2018)

Alle Internet-Boxen werden in den nächsten Wochen automatisch auf die neue Version aktualisiert.

Edited
Swisscom
3 of 14

If your IBP is not on R9.4 you are not able to upgrade to R10. Please connect your IBP to our network and within 25 hours it shoult be updated correctly. If not, you can connect me by PN.

Guido

Head of Access & Communication Services @ Product & Marketing Department, Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
Contributor
4 of 14

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The box was an old one with firmware 8.

Connecting it to the network will be dificult as now we have a business contract and the actual box is a Centro Business 2.0. Don't know what will be the result of a temporary replacement of the CB 2.0 with IBP and then connecting again the CB 2.0...

Have you an older firmware image 8 or 9 to try to see if I can upload to the IBP?

Thank you and best regards,

SSR

Contributor
5 of 14

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your answer. Tbe IBP was on firmware 8. As I understood from Guido, I cannot directly upgrade to firmware 10. Anyway I already tried and is not working...

thanks and best regards!

Super User
6 of 14

You have to send Guido a personal message  "PN"  ( Nachricht senden ) and he can then send you the firmware !

in the existing firmware must be installed between firmware to install the latest firmware.

firmware 8 to 9 and then 10.

https://community.swisscom.ch/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/136491

PN-senden.JPG

excuse my not perfect english

Edited
Contributor
7 of 14

Many thanks to Guido and Walter for their help.

Unfortunatelly for me, even with the firmware R09.04.00 I get the same error "Image Uploading failed. The selected file contains an illegal image.”  as if the firmware is not intended for the hardware or not adapted to be uploaded in the Broadcom CFE bootloader.

I will try to see if I can upload an OpenWRT firmware. Has anybody tried already to use OpenWRT on IBP?

The hardware, appart the Marvell second CPU and the display, looks similar to the Inteno DG301 which can support OpenWRT ( https://neonsea.uk/blog/2017/07/13/flashing-openwrt-on-inteno-dg301.html )

Thanks and best regards,

Sorin

Super User
8 of 14

@ssr2

Have you already done a complete reset of the internet box plus ?

Do you install the firmware over an ethernet cable from a computer to the ethernet port 1 at the internet box plus ?

Edited
Contributor
9 of 14

The reset button on the back is not working.  I tried different ways which are working in general for other routers but no efect at all on IBP.

Yes, I used an ethernet cable and used every LAN port, including the 1st one, without success. 

The ethernet cable is pluged to un USB gigabit LAN adaptor on my notebook and is configured at 1Gbps Auto.

I even tried to manually configure different speeds for the adaptor.

The IBP is starting and it shows a complete white display. Not the usual Swisscom logo.

I will connect again the serial cable and post the boot log for both CPUs

Edited
Super User
10 of 14

Why the reset does not work I can not say is definitely not right ?

think the basic system is deleted or defective.

Reset-IB+.JPG

Edited
Contributor
11 of 14

Hi Walter. Yes the filesystem is defective. Here is a serial output from the board:

HELO
CPUI
L1CI
HELO
CPUI
L1CI
DRAM
----
PHYS
STRF
400H
PHYE
DDR3
SIZ4
SIZ3
DINT
USYN
LSYN
MFAS
LMBE
RACE
PASS
----
ZBSS
CODE
DATA
L12F
MAIN
NAND flash device: name , id 0xecf1 block 128KB size 131072KB
TRACE : SA_BootNandGetHardwareVersion,399, Hardware version <2.3.0>.

External switch id = 53125
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 5 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 6 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 7 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 8 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,273, Could not read structure type 5 from partition 3
ERROR : SA_GetBootImageState,356, Could not read BOOT OPTION structure, leave.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 5 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 6 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 7 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_StructRead,224, CRC32 mismatch in block 8 (partition 3), read ffffffff, calculated 47c5000b.
ERROR : SA_GetSplashScreenState,312, Could not read BOOT OPTION structure, leave.
RA8875 device id=0x75
Use PWM divider 3

CFE version 1.0.38-114.185 for BCM963268 (32bit,SP,BE)
Build Date: Thu Jan 16 18:19:46 CST 2014 (macdux@macdux-System-Product-Name)
Siligence/Askey version : 01.03.03.s10
Copyright (C) 2000-2011 Broadcom Corporation.

Chip ID: BCM63168D0, MIPS: 400MHz, DDR: 400MHz, Bus: 200MHz
Main Thread: TP0
Memory Test Passed
Total Memory: 268435456 bytes (256MB)
Boot Address: 0xb8000000

Board IP address                  : 192.168.1.1:ffffff00
Host IP address                   : 192.168.1.100
Gateway IP address                :
Run from flash/host (f/h)         : f
Default host run file name        : vmlinux
Default host flash file name      : bcm963xx_fs_kernel
Boot delay (0-9 seconds)          : 1
Board Id (0-37)                   : RTV1825VWC2
Number of MAC Addresses (1-32)    : 6
Base MAC Address                  : 7c:b7:33:02:ee:99
PSI Size (1-64) KBytes            : 24
Enable Backup PSI [0|1]           : 0
System Log Size (0-256) KBytes    : 0
Auxillary File System Size Percent: 0
Main Thread Number [0|1]          : 0
Serial Number                     : 4.01409F0449982
Voice Board Configuration (0-0)   : SI32261_DCX81

*** Press any key to stop auto run (1 seconds) ***
Auto run second count down: 1
 Port 3 link UP

Port 7 link UP                                                                                                        
ERROR : SA_GetBootImageState,356, Could not read BOOT OPTION structure, leave.
ERROR : SA_GetValidBootPartition,1177, Can not read boot option, use default one.
ERROR : SA_GetFileContent,988, Unable to find entry for file sa.sig.
ERROR : SA_GetFileContent,988, Unable to find entry for file sa.sig.
TRACE : SA_BootNandErasePart,755, Partition 7 erased successfully
TRACE : SA_BootNandErasePart,755, Partition 8 erased successfully
ERROR : SA_GetValidBootPartition,1205, None of boot image has requiered headers !!
TRACE : SA_BootFromNand,1321, ** No valid parition found. **

web info: Waiting for connection on socket 0.
CFE>

CFE>
 Port 3 link UP

Port 3 link DOWN

web info: Waiting for connection on socket 1.
web info: Waiting for connection on socket 2.
web warning: Unexpected TCP disconnect.
web info: Upload 43123321 bytes, invalid image format.
web info: Waiting for connection on socket 2.
web info: Upload 32244109 bytes, invalid image format.
CFE>

I can see that partition 3 of the filesystem is corupted. Unfortunattely I'm not familiar with the specific filesystem of the IBP.

You can see at the end 2 atempts to upload the firmware R09 and R10 but each time I have an error because the image format. As I already said the image we can flash from the normal user interface is not adapted to be flashed from the CFE bootloader.

Best regards,

ssr

Swisscom
12 of 14

I guess you have destroyed the IBP. Sorry. It is not possible to load other firmware than ours on any IB.

Head of Access & Communication Services @ Product & Marketing Department, Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
Contributor
13 of 14

I didn't loaded other firmware than yours. It was firmware R10 that I was triying to upload at the begining.

And now I'm asking for a Swisscom firmware. If it is not available for the CFE, no problem...

Thank you anyway for your help.

Edited
Novice
14 of 14

Bar an faulty Flash, it's no problem to recover from the CFE.

Just enable bridging on the IB's already, for pete's sake.