cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Data roaming in Germany\

Ironhero2020
Super User
1 of 5

I am swisscom inOne go mobile customer. On 16 December 2020 I went through Frankfurt airport on transit and had extremely frustrating experience with data roaming on my mobile. Voice roaming was OK, however data roaming was not working at all. Signal indication was good but no internet connection. I needed to show some document from the cloud at check in counter and waited for download for 5 minutes and gave up. Tried to see search some information from Frankfurt airport web page, no luck.

Should I've done something to activate roaming?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 5

@Ironhero2020 

you have to test a reboot / reset of the mobile

the problem could also come from a limited subscription package or simply a lack of network at the location?

if the problem persists contact the Swisscom Hotline

DomiP
Super User
3 of 5

@Ironhero2020 as already told by @Black Mamba try to restart your mobile.

I did also had this problem sometimes i went to Rust, Germany. I called the Swisscom Hotline and they logged my profile off and logged it in again. 

It is more a technical issue from connecting the Device correctly to the Systems of the other Providers and Swisscom. 

Otherwise i suggest you to use Free WiFi at the Airport which is provided by Fraport AG, the Owner of Frankfurt Airport. If you are scared of getting spoofed or spied by hackers, i would install a VPN-App. If you have Swisscom inOne Home at Home you can also create a VPN directly to your Home Network. 

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

4 Comments 4
Black Mamba
Super User
2 of 5

@Ironhero2020 

you have to test a reboot / reset of the mobile

the problem could also come from a limited subscription package or simply a lack of network at the location?

if the problem persists contact the Swisscom Hotline

DomiP
Super User
3 of 5

@Ironhero2020 as already told by @Black Mamba try to restart your mobile.

I did also had this problem sometimes i went to Rust, Germany. I called the Swisscom Hotline and they logged my profile off and logged it in again. 

It is more a technical issue from connecting the Device correctly to the Systems of the other Providers and Swisscom. 

Otherwise i suggest you to use Free WiFi at the Airport which is provided by Fraport AG, the Owner of Frankfurt Airport. If you are scared of getting spoofed or spied by hackers, i would install a VPN-App. If you have Swisscom inOne Home at Home you can also create a VPN directly to your Home Network. 

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

sunil808
Super User
4 of 5

Germany is a Go Roam Around the World destination, so you won't be charged for using up to 12GB of data – it'll simply come out of your credit or Add-on allowance. ... If you go over our Fair Use data allowance you'll be subject to a surcharge.

https://routingnumbers.onl https://tutuappvip.co
Edited
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
5 of 5

@sunil808 Interesting, where do you have this information from? Never heard about this for Swisscom.

Perhaps this is valid for Three clients in the UK, but not for Swisscom clients.

http://www.three.co.uk/go-roam

Ma olaim an t-airgead is ma bhronnaim an t-or
O caide sin do'n te sin nach mbaineann sin do