cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Prepaid Phone Ownership Transfer.

Artisan
Level 1
1 of 7

The phone/SIM card/Number my wife uses is registered in my name.
When it comes to matters like ordering a new SIM card only I can do this.
I want to transfer the "ownership" to my wife.
In the Customer Center there is an option to do this and I have to specify a date in advance on which this transfer should take place.
Fine so far but what is not clear is what impact this has. Does this involve a new SIM card? Is a document sent for signature?, does the phone work seamlessly throughout all this? etc. etc. Maybe there is a link and I have missed it.

Eine Antwort auf deutsch ist auch OK.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
Level 1
5 of 7

Thank you for your feedback @Artisan

If the Swisscom login of your wife is linked to your profile, I invite you to contact our technical support. We should be able to separate the 2 accounts. You can ask for an immediate call back on this link: https://bit.ly/3oPw9vL

Another possibility is to create a new Swisscom login for your wife and then try again the transfer process.

Good luck!

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
6 Comments 6
Black Mamba
Level 1
2 of 7

@Artisan 

thanks for the contribution

for administrative questions contact the Swisscom Hotline directly

Residential customers: contact us via call, chat, text | Swisscom

LeylaG
Level 1
3 of 7

Hello @Artisan and welcome in the Swisscom Community 🙂

Once you complete the number transfer order, your wife will receive an email to invite her to take over your number. She will have to click on a link and connect to her own Swisscom login.

If your wife is using an eSIM, it will be deactivated and she will need to activate a new one. If she has a physical eSIM, she should be able to keep the same. In any case, this will be specified during the taking over process.

The phone will work as usual until the change is done.

Hope it helps!

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Artisan
Level 1
4 of 7

Thank you @LeylaG

Part of the problem is that my wife does not currently have her own Swisscom Login. She does have her own userid and password but it appears simply to be for an alias of my Swisscom Login. When she enters these credentials, she sees the banner message Welcome Mr. "Artisan" and my details.

I attempted to transfer "her" mobile number to her using the Authorisations section of my profile. That appeared to work and my wife got an email. However, when she clicked on the link, it complained that the wrong date of birth appeared on the transfer form. I did not give the wrong date of birth. Since Swissom does not know my wife's date of birth, I assume it used the date of birth on my profile. Anyway, the transfer failed.

LeylaG
Level 1
5 of 7

Thank you for your feedback @Artisan

If the Swisscom login of your wife is linked to your profile, I invite you to contact our technical support. We should be able to separate the 2 accounts. You can ask for an immediate call back on this link: https://bit.ly/3oPw9vL

Another possibility is to create a new Swisscom login for your wife and then try again the transfer process.

Good luck!

Artisan
Level 1
6 of 7

Thank you again @LeylaG

This second method appears to have worked.
We were able to create a new Swisscom login where the username is her full email address and this appears not to conflict with the existing alias she uses which is just <firstname>.<lastname>. The phone transfer appears to have been accepted. So it looks like, providing she can visit a Swisscom shop in the next few day to verify her identity, that we have made a big step forwards.
The next step will be to move her eMail address to the new Swisscom login but we'll wait until this current change has stabilised.

So it looks like we have a solution.

Maybe there is an FAQ on the subject of unravelling products and services, currently registered in one user name, say in the case where a child moves away from home etc., in a way which minimises any impact / service disruption. I didn't find one although I may not have looked very hard.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

LeylaG
Level 1
7 of 7

@Artisan Great news, I am glad you were able to proceed to the transfer 🙂👍

Concerning your wife's email address, once she is connected in her new My Swisscom, she has to go on Email > Settings > Take over e-mail address > Take over address and follow the steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day