cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

two-factor authentication

Schiweneiss15
Level 4
1 of 3

I have received an e-mail which looks as though it comes from Swisscom about agreeing to to two-factor authentication. First however I would like to check with the the community whether this is a genuine Swisscom message, before I agree to this and send my mobile telephone number, which Swisscom already know anyway.

Message reads,

Protect your sensitive data on My Swisscom with an additional layer of security. You can do this with automatic two-factor authentication: if a potential security risk has been detected, a second factor is required via mobile phone in order to log in.

Which mobile number should we use in future to carry out your authentication?
Enter number

Please let me know, Thank you, KW

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Gaeilgeoir
Level 4
2 of 3

@Schiweneiss15 I also got an email with the advice to install the two factor authorisation a couple of weeks ago, but I did not have to send a number. I'm not really sure if this not a phising mail. Was it adressed with your Name? Dear Mr. ...? If not then it is almost for sure a phising mail

Anyway, I would not send the number. You can activate the two factor authentification easily by yourself in MySwisscom

https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/data-and-bills/the-swisscom-login.html

Herein click on "Activate two-factor authentification" this will lead to the section in MySwisscom where you can do this, without sending a number.

Gaeilgeoir_0-1633434290692.png

Ma olaim an t-airgead is ma bhronnaim an t-or
O caide sin do'n te sin nach mbaineann sin do
2 Comments 2
Gaeilgeoir
Level 4
2 of 3

@Schiweneiss15 I also got an email with the advice to install the two factor authorisation a couple of weeks ago, but I did not have to send a number. I'm not really sure if this not a phising mail. Was it adressed with your Name? Dear Mr. ...? If not then it is almost for sure a phising mail

Anyway, I would not send the number. You can activate the two factor authentification easily by yourself in MySwisscom

https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/data-and-bills/the-swisscom-login.html

Herein click on "Activate two-factor authentification" this will lead to the section in MySwisscom where you can do this, without sending a number.

Gaeilgeoir_0-1633434290692.png

Ma olaim an t-airgead is ma bhronnaim an t-or
O caide sin do'n te sin nach mbaineann sin do
Schiweneiss15
Level 4
3 of 3

Thank you Gaeilgeoir, I suspected a phishing attempt, although the message was addressed correctly to Dear Mr XX.

I will follow your advice and go through the web site. Our commune was recently hacked and everyone's data was stolen, so I am on red alert at the moment.

Best, KW