cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Wifi Calling is on but still getting charged for calls

Highlighted
Novice
1 of 9

I have activated WiFi calling on my iPhone 7, but I am still being charged by Swisscom for those calls.  WiFi Calling shows in the window (top left next to the WiFi symbol).  What am I doing wrong?

MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Super User
4 of 9
WiFi calling still charges. It used instead of mobile line the WiFi. But you still pay.
From which location do you want to call where?
Which subscription do you have?
8 Comments
Super User
2 of 9
You are mixing something.please read this here that will explain what WiFi calling is

https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/mobile/mobile-network/advanced-calling.html
Novice
3 of 9

Thank you for taking the time to help.  THis link tells me how to activate my wifi calling.  It is active.  I have dialed telephone numbers while this is active, but I still receive a charge.  Am I supposed to use another app to dial phone numbers while wifi calling is enabled, in order that I dont get charged?

Super User
4 of 9
WiFi calling still charges. It used instead of mobile line the WiFi. But you still pay.
From which location do you want to call where?
Which subscription do you have?
Novice
5 of 9

Thank you.  It turns out my assumption was faulty 😉 .  I thought the benefit of calling over Wifi was free calls, but alas, the benefit is only when the carrier signal is too weak.  

Super User
6 of 9

exactly. What you could do but that requires some setup.

If you have a land line connection with included calls, you could setup a VPN through your Swisscom router and with it use the Swisscom Home App to call from you cell phone through VPN. The call will than be done "through" your fixed phone number.

Hope that was not so technical 🙂
Cheers

Novice
7 of 9

Hello,

I have a Google pixel 3 and I have not cell reception in my house. 

I tried setting up the VoIP with Swisscom but the quality is bad.

However, I noticed WiFi calling is not yet active for Google phones while it's for Huawei which uses android. Why is that Swisscom?

Do you have any 3g or 4g  extenders ?

Best regards,

Community Manager
8 of 9

Hello @Red123

WiFi Calling is only available for devices sold by Swisscom, sorry.

Best regards

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
9 of 9

Hi,

will this change or not?

I bought a xiaomi mi9 because the offer from swisscom was not what was fitting to me.

Is there a plan to extend it to other phones?

I am paying a full business contract, this is not really fair.

Regards

Cédric