Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering

Highlighted
Novice
1 of 5

Hello,

testing USB tethering on my dual-sim Mi5s phone, it seems that I can not get it to work with the Swisscom SIM card here, whereas all works fine with the second SIM.

Connection to the internet on the phone itself, e.g. web browsing works fine.

Inserting the Swisscom SIM in my older Samsung Galaxy Alpha, the tethering works fine.

When comparing the APN settings on the two phones there are some tiny differences (proxy/port set/empty, authentification empty) , but I could not succeed to make it work. On the other hand: once the phone is able to access the internet, the APN should be ok, as far as I understand.

So currently I do not have an idea where to search and would be grateful for pointing me in the good direction.

Thanks and best regards, Dirk

4 Comments
Novice
2 of 5

... strangely, when roaming with the Swisscom SIM, tethering works too.

so the problem is only when connected to Swisscom. any idea? thanks!

Community Manager
3 of 5

Hello @dgeppert

Please send me your full details and a phone number by private message in order to forward your request to the technical support.

Have a nice end of day,

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Novice
4 of 5

Hello LeylaG, thanks for your reply. How to send you my details without posting them here in public?

Community Manager
5 of 5

Hello @dgeppert

I replied to your private message 😉

Have a good day,

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!