cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swisscom SMS regarding E-Mail confirmation (E-Mail Überprüfung)

Highlighted
1 of 4

I already got two SMS's from someone at swisscom, who tells me, to go to following website and confirm my E-Mail address at following link:

https://www.swisscom.ch/e-mail-ueberpruefung

Here's a screenshot:

The request and the link seems to be valid. Questions:

1) Did someone else get those?

2) Why can't you provide more information about this on your website? An announcement, FAQ or anything?

3) Why do I get this annoying request? I already confirmed my E-Mail when I signed up a long time ago.

4) Why an SMS? Why can't you just write an E-Mail to that E-Mail address with a confirmation link first?

5) Why can't I confirm my E-Mail address? Does not seem to work for no reason whatsoever. See here:

This really looks like a phishing attempt. But if it ain't, someone at swisscom really needs to rethink that whole thing.

Thank you for your time.

3 Comments
Highlighted
Level 6
2 of 4

Hi @Frieffaplei30 

Even though the link is actually the My Swisscom overview with the SSL certificate of Swisscom (Switzerland) AG, which has been verified by SwissSign, I assume that it was somehow spam or a joke.

I see reasons here:

• Swisscom would never send such an SMS with the name of a communications manager.
  • It seems that you speak English - even your Android has English as the system language - therefore Swisscom should also send the SMS to you in English.
  • It is not an OFFER as written at the end of the message.

In spite of the fact that it still redirects to the official Swisscom site, I would recommend that you contact the hotline and describe the case - should this be an official message from Swisscom, they will tell you so, otherwise you can help swisscom so protect other people.

Kind regards.

Dominik

Freundliche Grüsse, Dominik
Cordial salids, Dominik
Cordialement, Dominik
Cordiali saluti, Dominik

Hat's geholfen? Duume drücke. War's die Lösung? Häckli drücke.
Highlighted
3 of 4

@DomiP

Thanks for your input. I understand what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense.

But still: I can see a "Note: confirm e-mail address" on my dashboard at https://www.swisscom.ch/myswisscom/dashboard , which is really strange.

So either....

a) this is a joke and by chance I really need to confirm my E-Mail (and the process of confirming it is broken, too!) or

b) this SMS actually is from Swisscom (and I have no way of knowing if it really is)

Both points, a) and b) are strange. This confuses me. You tell me it's a). But why do I suddenly need to confirm my E-Mail?

Highlighted
Level 6
4 of 4

@Frieffaplei30 

Yes, exactly, I thought so synonymous - because a confirmation of the mail address is almost always via the e-mail directly.

If I were you, I would still ask the hotline.

Kind regards,

P.S. Sorry for English - I grew up with German ...

Freundliche Grüsse, Dominik
Cordial salids, Dominik
Cordialement, Dominik
Cordiali saluti, Dominik

Hat's geholfen? Duume drücke. War's die Lösung? Häckli drücke.