cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swisscom SMS regarding E-Mail confirmation (E-Mail Überprüfung)

1 of 4

I already got two SMS's from someone at swisscom, who tells me, to go to following website and confirm my E-Mail address at following link:

https://www.swisscom.ch/e-mail-ueberpruefung

Here's a screenshot:

The request and the link seems to be valid. Questions:

1) Did someone else get those?

2) Why can't you provide more information about this on your website? An announcement, FAQ or anything?

3) Why do I get this annoying request? I already confirmed my E-Mail when I signed up a long time ago.

4) Why an SMS? Why can't you just write an E-Mail to that E-Mail address with a confirmation link first?

5) Why can't I confirm my E-Mail address? Does not seem to work for no reason whatsoever. See here:

This really looks like a phishing attempt. But if it ain't, someone at swisscom really needs to rethink that whole thing.

Thank you for your time.

3 Comments
Expert
2 of 4

Hi @Frieffaplei30 

Even though the link is actually the My Swisscom overview with the SSL certificate of Swisscom (Switzerland) AG, which has been verified by SwissSign, I assume that it was somehow spam or a joke.

I see reasons here:

• Swisscom would never send such an SMS with the name of a communications manager.
  • It seems that you speak English - even your Android has English as the system language - therefore Swisscom should also send the SMS to you in English.
  • It is not an OFFER as written at the end of the message.

In spite of the fact that it still redirects to the official Swisscom site, I would recommend that you contact the hotline and describe the case - should this be an official message from Swisscom, they will tell you so, otherwise you can help swisscom so protect other people.

Kind regards.

Dominik

Viele Wege führen zum Ziel - wenn dir meine Antwort gefällt, drück doch auf den Daumen - wenn sie dein Problem gelöst hat, drück auf das häckchen.
3 of 4

@DomiP

Thanks for your input. I understand what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense.

But still: I can see a "Note: confirm e-mail address" on my dashboard at https://www.swisscom.ch/myswisscom/dashboard , which is really strange.

So either....

a) this is a joke and by chance I really need to confirm my E-Mail (and the process of confirming it is broken, too!) or

b) this SMS actually is from Swisscom (and I have no way of knowing if it really is)

Both points, a) and b) are strange. This confuses me. You tell me it's a). But why do I suddenly need to confirm my E-Mail?

Expert
4 of 4

@Frieffaplei30 

Yes, exactly, I thought so synonymous - because a confirmation of the mail address is almost always via the e-mail directly.

If I were you, I would still ask the hotline.

Kind regards,

P.S. Sorry for English - I grew up with German ...

Viele Wege führen zum Ziel - wenn dir meine Antwort gefällt, drück doch auf den Daumen - wenn sie dein Problem gelöst hat, drück auf das häckchen.