cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Stolen phone, now what?

1 of 6

Hello everybody!

So, my phone was stolen on Saturday evening and now I am wondering what I do next with my contract.

Do I have to cancel or just buy a new SIM card?

Has anybody been through this process or know what I can do?

I cannot get much help online as I never created a swisscom login in and obviously cannot now due to having no phone to recieve the verifcation code.

I have no home phone and the swisscom website is playing up on my old computer, so all I can do is ask for help here!

Thanks,

bleepbloop.

MOST HELPFUL ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
2 of 6

Dear bleeepbloop,

We are sorry to learn your phone has been stolen.

You don't have to cancel your contract, but simply order a new Sim card with the same number.

As soon as we get your mobile number and personal details by private message, we will send you a new Sim card by mail. Alternatively, you can go to a Swisscom Shop to get your new Sim card if it is more convenient for you.

Furthermore, we remind you that our customer service is available for you 24/7 on the free number 0800 800 800.

Kind regards,

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Highlighted
Community Manager
6 of 6

Hello @ivalua2

Following your file, I see that you finally manage to get your SIM card activated 🙂

Have a good day

Cheers,

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
5 Comments
Community Manager
2 of 6

Dear bleeepbloop,

We are sorry to learn your phone has been stolen.

You don't have to cancel your contract, but simply order a new Sim card with the same number.

As soon as we get your mobile number and personal details by private message, we will send you a new Sim card by mail. Alternatively, you can go to a Swisscom Shop to get your new Sim card if it is more convenient for you.

Furthermore, we remind you that our customer service is available for you 24/7 on the free number 0800 800 800.

Kind regards,

Novice
3 of 6
  • but simply order a new Sim card with the same number.

I am in the same situation.  Received a replacement SIM with instructions telling me I am support to send a text to my number from my OLD SIM.  

Doubt that the thief with my phone is going to be that helpful, so what else am I and other customers supposed to do in this case?

4 of 6

Dear rryawn

Thank you for your question so far. In case you still need additional support for activating your SIM card, please contact our customer support directly.

Kind regards

Liebe Grüsse
KatrinM
Swisscom

Meine Spezialgebiete:
Customer Care Support (Mobile & Fixnet)
Social Media Communities .....
Edited
Novice
5 of 6

Hello

I am in the same situation.

How am I supposed to send a text to 444 from MY OLD SIM, if my OLD SIM was stolen?!?!?

This does not make any sense... 

Thank you for your help in advance 🙂 

Ivalu

Highlighted
Community Manager
6 of 6

Hello @ivalua2

Following your file, I see that you finally manage to get your SIM card activated 🙂

Have a good day

Cheers,