cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when 5G will be available for latest generation of OnePlus 8 series phones ?

Highlighted
1 of 5

Does anyone know when 5G will be available for latest generation of OnePlus 8 series phones e.g Oneplus 8 Pro ? Thanks.

4 Comments 4
Highlighted
Super User
2 of 5

As a community, we cannot say anything gross about this. Possibly @RubenR , or then directly the hotline via 0800 800 800 contacts.

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali saluti
Dominik

https://dev.exena.ga
Highlighted
Swisscom
3 of 5

Unfortunately I have no information about this, because we don't offer this smartphone.

Hinweis: Ich bin Swisscom Mitarbeiter und arbeite in den Bereichen 5G, Multi Device und IoT.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 of 5

Hello,

Do you have 5g on your phone now?

Highlighted
Super User
5 of 5

@Deippiefron94 

We currently use 5G mainly on two frequencies: the N78 band is used for 5G + and the N1 band is currently used for 5G coverage across Switzerland. In addition, there is a strong possibility that we will use 5G on other frequencies in the future. You can find out what frequencies are currently allocated for mobile communications in Switzerland, eg. in OFCOM's publication (or details in federal databases).

If I interpret your post correctly and you have a current subscription, you should be able to receive at least 5G +. What that looks like with regards to national coverage with 5G (including volume N1) I can't comment on anything. It seems that a software update is needed.

Sincerely, @RubenR  17 mai 2020

see the full post on the Community in German

Oneplus 8Pro und 5G

Meilleures salutations de la Communauté francophone

Customers help customers