Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www.delauth.com website blocked by Swisscom

Praulliockio88
Level 1
1 of 16

Hi,

For some reason the website www.delauth.com which is an association in the UK to do with insurance auditing has recently been blocked by Swisscom, can someone please help me work out how this gets unblocked.

Many thanks,

Michael

15 Comments 15
suisse
Level 1
2 of 16

can you post a screenshot of the block here please?

Black Mamba
Level 1
3 of 16

@Praulliockio88 

thanks for the contribution

the site can be blaklisted by Swisscom or another relay

the easiest way is to contact the Swisscom Hotline

Residential customers: contact us via call, chat, text | Swisscom

Praulliockio88
Level 1
4 of 16

This is the message that comes up. I know that it is blocked when using my SwissCom wifi as my iphone, Macbook and laptop pc all come up with this message. I've tried internet Edge, Google Chrome and Safari and all the same. When I switch my iphone to 4G I can access the website.

Hmmm… can't reach this page

www.delauth.com took too long to respond

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
Black Mamba
Level 1
5 of 16

@Praulliockio88 

thanks for the feedback

• ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT or ERR_TIMED_OUT: The page took too long to connect. Your Internet connection might be too slow or the page might be too busy.

Fix 'Aw, Snap!' page crashes and other page loading errors - iPhone & iPad - Google Chrome Help

DomiP
Level 1
6 of 16

The Problem is Related to the Swisscom DNS, which is built-in to the Internet-Box and the Mobile Network.

You can simply change the DNS to a free public dns (like Quad9 from Zurich -> 9.9.9.9). Then it works.

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

Praulliockio88
Level 1
7 of 16

Hi, thank you for your message, would you be able to explain how I go about this DNS set up. Thank you.

Praulliockio88
Level 1
8 of 16

Black Mamba, thank you however this has not worked....

gasoo
Level 1
9 of 16

Das hat nichts mit DNS zu tun, die Swisscom DNS beantworten die DNS Anfrage korrekt.

Ich habe heute die Seite auch aufgerufen und dabei eine Fehlermeldung vom Webserver erhalten (404 Not Found).

Gerade eben nochmals probiert und die Webseite wird nun korrekt angezeigt.

Falls es bei dir nicht geht, könntest du folgende Tests machen.

Die Befehle sind für Mac OSX, hier eine Anleitung für traceroute: https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/how-do-i-run-a-traceroute-on-a-mac

Poste dann die Resultate hier (Text kopieren oder Printscreen)

DomiP
Level 1
10 of 16

@gasoo Falsch!

Die URL ist wie gewohnt (auch beim letztem mal so) erreichbar!

Anmerkung 2021-04-21 100845.jpg

Getestet habe ich es nun mit dem quad9-DNS  sowie einem eigenen. Das Problem muss, falls es noch besteht bei Swisscom liegen.

Dominik

gasoo
Level 1
11 of 16

@DomiP  Was genau an meiner Aussage ist falsch?

-> Wenn der Swisscom DNS die gleiche IP ausliefert wie der Google DNS, ist es kein DNS Problem (Durch DNS Lookup geprüft)

-> Wenn der Webserver eine HTTP 404 Meldung anzeigt, ist es kein Swisscom (DNS) Problem (Beim ersten Versuch so erhalten bei meinem Test)

-> Wenn die Webseite angezeigt wird via Swisscom Fiber mit Swisscom DNS, dann ist es kein Swisscom (DNS) Problem (Beim zweiten und dritten Versuch von mir)

Temporäre Fehler (HTTP 404/500, DNS SERVFAIL) können immer mal auftauchen, deshalb teste ich auch nicht nur ein mal.

In diesem Fall habe ich kein Problem gesehen und sehe es auch heute nicht.
Deshalb die Frage nach zusätzlichen Angaben, ohne diese ist es nicht möglich weiter zu Troubleshooten.

DomiP
Level 1
12 of 16

@gasoo ich habe in den letzten Tagen die Seite mehrmals von verschiedenen Gerätem mit unterschiedlichen DNS-Servern getestet. Alle netze, ohne Swisscom DNS haben kein Problem gemeldet. Die seite war immer Online.

Nur beim Swisscom DNS war dies der Fall.

Dominik

gasoo
Level 1
13 of 16

@DomiP   Heisst das du hast den Test auch mit Swisscom DNS gemacht, weil sonst sagt das nix aus, da ja bei mir (Mit Swisscom DNS) die Seite auch funktioniert hat.

Ausserdem ist nicht alles ein DNS Problem 😉

Praulliockio88
Level 1
14 of 16

Dear all, thank you for your replies. All I know is that when I use my mobile phone / hotspot which is through 4G then on all devices I can pull up the website. It is only when I'm connected to my SwissCom wi fi that it is blocked.

If anyone is available for a video call to talk me through what I can do that would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Michael

gasoo
Level 1
15 of 16

@Praulliockio88   Ups, I did not realise that I am in the English part of the forum, sorry.....

As I wrote in my first post....

If it does not work for you, you could do the following tests.

DNS Lookup -- Enter the following in the terminal: nslookup www.delauth.com
Traceroute -- Enter the following in the terminal: traceroute www.delauth.com

The commands are for Mac OSX, here is a tutorial for traceroute: https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/how-do-i-run-a-traceroute-on-a-mac

Then post the results here (copy text or printscreen)

Praulliockio88
Level 1
16 of 16

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I'm not very good at what I need to do next. I've completed the DNS LookUp however I'm not sure what I need to do, could we arrange a call and screen share?