cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Slow download speed in Zurich

Novice ctz
Novice
1 of 2

Hi Swisscom Community,

Similar to other recent posts, I started to notice very slow download speeds on my connection at home. This does happen on both the wifi and ethernet (wired) connection.  At first, I assumed that internet is throttled in the area due to the World Cup (since TV is delivered over the same internet line), but the problem persisted well after the Cup has ended. 

The upload speed is consistent with what I have in my contract, 1Mbps, but download can barely touch 8.6Mbps. I measured this with the speedtest function of the Swisscom Internet-Box 2: https://imgur.com/qJtFWuV . There currently are also no service interruptions in my area. In the past, I could reach the 40Mbps download speed in my contract, so the problem is clearly new.

Could you please advise?

Thanks!

MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
2 of 2

Hi @ctz

Good news! According to the Swisscom checker, the fiber optic technology is available at your address.

You will be contacted shortly to make an appointment.

Un like fait toujours plaisir ;) Une réponse t'a aidé? -> ✅ Accepte-la comme solution!
1 Comment
Community Manager
2 of 2

Hi @ctz

Good news! According to the Swisscom checker, the fiber optic technology is available at your address.

You will be contacted shortly to make an appointment.

Un like fait toujours plaisir ;) Une réponse t'a aidé? -> ✅ Accepte-la comme solution!