cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Internet Speed in Brissago

Scandiman
Level 4
1 of 8

Hello,

We were told a year ago that the capacity of the Internet connections in Brissago Ticino would vastly improve in

the autumn of 2021. Does anybody know if this is happening?

Many thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Roger G.
Level 4
6 of 8

@Scandiman 

Brissago and many of the surrounding communities have already got an improved internet connection over the first half year of 2021. In fact the connections to the buildings have been enhanced with the newest copper technology for small and medium houses as well as fiber that got used for larger buildings. The citicens have already been informed about the new connections by eMail. Unfortunately many customers have chosen the opt-out for mailings or the information went into the Spam folder.

Now, you can easily check the available speed at your location by using our "checker": www.swisscom.ch/checker 

Furthermore you may also log into "mySwisscom" via the bluewin.ch portal or directly by mySwisscom online . On the overview please klick on the "myProducts" button and then onto the "Internet" product in the "at home " row. Sounds more complicated than it is 🙂 There you'll see what you already have and what would be possible at your location. And if you wish you can easily place your order for a faster subscription if already available.

If your appartment or house already has an optical fiber outlet then with the order you'll get all the necessary equippment for free. If not, you'll be guided through the process to set up an installation date where the outlet will be installed in your appartment or house by our technicians before you'll get the new equippment. And of course, this is all free of charge for you 🙂

I hope this answers all your questions.

Regards

Roger

Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

Customer Experience Development / Product Manager Swisscom Network

Roger G.
Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
Wireline Experience
7 Comments 7
Gaeilgeoir
Level 4
2 of 8

@Scandiman On the page:

https://www.swisscom.ch/en/about/network/fibre-optics-network-expansion-map.html

you can find: for Brissago the following:

Gaeilgeoir_0-1632727211070.png

if this is already done (what I don't suppose) or when it will be done only @Swisscom  can answer.

Ma olaim an t-airgead is ma bhronnaim an t-or
O caide sin do'n te sin nach mbaineann sin do
Scandiman
Level 4
3 of 8

Many thanks Gaeilgoir!

As far as I can tell nothing has changed with the upload (26) or download (6) speeds the last year though I am aware they have done a lot of infrastructure work in recent months. 

I will ask Swisscom directly.

Thanks again!

DeanZ
Level 4
4 of 8

Hi @Scandiman

Were you able to resolve your request with the responsible department? If not, please let me know. Then I will be happy to clarify this internally. 

Greetings 

DeanZ

Ich moderiere das Kunden–Helfen–Kunden Forum, ein digitaler Begegnungsraum zu Themen rund um Swisscom Produkte.
Scandiman
Level 4
5 of 8

Hi DeanZ,

Many thanks for your note! No, I still do not know when and if the Brissago upgrade will take place.

Best regards

Scandiman

Roger G.
Level 4
6 of 8

@Scandiman 

Brissago and many of the surrounding communities have already got an improved internet connection over the first half year of 2021. In fact the connections to the buildings have been enhanced with the newest copper technology for small and medium houses as well as fiber that got used for larger buildings. The citicens have already been informed about the new connections by eMail. Unfortunately many customers have chosen the opt-out for mailings or the information went into the Spam folder.

Now, you can easily check the available speed at your location by using our "checker": www.swisscom.ch/checker 

Furthermore you may also log into "mySwisscom" via the bluewin.ch portal or directly by mySwisscom online . On the overview please klick on the "myProducts" button and then onto the "Internet" product in the "at home " row. Sounds more complicated than it is 🙂 There you'll see what you already have and what would be possible at your location. And if you wish you can easily place your order for a faster subscription if already available.

If your appartment or house already has an optical fiber outlet then with the order you'll get all the necessary equippment for free. If not, you'll be guided through the process to set up an installation date where the outlet will be installed in your appartment or house by our technicians before you'll get the new equippment. And of course, this is all free of charge for you 🙂

I hope this answers all your questions.

Regards

Roger

Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

Customer Experience Development / Product Manager Swisscom Network

Roger G.
Swisscom (Schweiz) AG
Wireline Experience
Scandiman
Level 4
7 of 8

Many thanks Roger! Great Service!

Black Mamba
Level 4
8 of 8

@Scandiman 

thank you for the feedback  😀

in order to close a topic by the initiator, if the problem is resolved 

please accept a post as approved solution, to do this, use the option Solution? 

at the bottom left of the best post for solution : Is the answer a solution to your contribution?

So mark it as a solution or use the equivalent option with the toothed wheel at the top right of the post