cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Announced speed of 225/60 Mbps: G.Fast or not?

c.jaquier
Level 3
1 of 4

Hi all,

Sorry for cross-posting here but I didn't get any relevant answer to my questions in the French forum. I hope I'll have a better luck here.

After more than 7 years using CATV, I'm switching to DSL to have a faster upload. The checker announces 225/60 Mbps for my location. I'm going to use a bridge modem and I wanted to buy a G.Fast model because it seemed to me that with VDSL2 the profiles were only up to 200 Mbps. Therefore I concluded that my line would be using G.Fast. Other addresses in my neighborhood have speeds up to 400/100.

My line will be activated on January 11th but I already received my hardware (Wingo) but no G.Fast SFP. I contacted the support and they told me that my line doesn't support G.Fast!?

I'm a bit surprised. Is this really the case? Is it possible to get 225/60 (or even 400/100 elsewhere in the neighborhood) without G.Fast?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
c.jaquier
Level 3
3 of 4

My line has been activated on January 11th and I can confirm it is running G.Fast. My modem (Draytek Vigor166) synchonizes at around 450/95 Mbps (much more than the 225/60 announced by the checker).

3 Comments 3
c.jaquier
Level 3
2 of 4

Let me rephrase:

Has anyone a DSL speed of 225/60 Mbit/s or higher without being on G.Fast?

Thank you

c.jaquier
Level 3
3 of 4

My line has been activated on January 11th and I can confirm it is running G.Fast. My modem (Draytek Vigor166) synchonizes at around 450/95 Mbps (much more than the 225/60 announced by the checker).

c.jaquier
Level 3
4 of 4