cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

10GB line but uploading attachments in Gmail and you tube very slow on LAN, speed test look fine ???

gerchris
Level 1
1 of 9

I have a 10GB fiber line (PC connected to 1GB line (speediest on LAN -380mbps download and 465mbps upload) however gmail attachment and video play back is painfully slow. If I switch to the WIFI it is no problem attachments upload in seconds (but slower overall connection). Any ideas why the LAN connection is being throttled?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
gerchris
Level 1
8 of 9

Ok finally problem identified (with my work IT ) Switched off IPV6 on the Swisscom router settings, for some reason this was slowing down google services and YouTube video connections. Not sure if this will cause other issues down the line but for now everything is working at full speed..

8 Comments 8
Black Mamba
Level 1
2 of 9

@gerchris 

thanks for the contribution

Is the Wi-Fi connection made on the same device or via a tablet or smartphone?

Because, it is very likely that the attachments downloaded via LAN on a PC are controlled by a security system (PC-specific protection software) which could slow down the loading on a PC for example

gerchris
Level 1
3 of 9

yes the Wi-Fi test was on the same computer, interestingly when i connect on a VPN to work on the LAN it works allso much faster (however the overall connection is slower) its really only when i am normally connected via LAN...Also its adding attachments to mails is the issue not so much downloading them.

Edited
LeylaG
Level 1
4 of 9

Hello @gerchris 

Are you still experiencing slowness ? If not, what did you do ?

Let us know.

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
gerchris
Level 1
5 of 9

Yes still slow, maybe something on my laptop, will get  a new computer next week so it will be interesting to see if it changes..

LeylaG
Level 1
6 of 9

Hello @gerchris

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, let's see what happen with your new laptop.

If the problem persists, please contact our technical support or ask for a call back https://bit.ly/3dCO0l0

Have a good day

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
gerchris
Level 1
7 of 9

so new laptop and same issue, so not on my end, seems to be some limiting factor on the swisscom box regarding google sevices.. will call tech support tomorrow 

gerchris
Level 1
8 of 9

Ok finally problem identified (with my work IT ) Switched off IPV6 on the Swisscom router settings, for some reason this was slowing down google services and YouTube video connections. Not sure if this will cause other issues down the line but for now everything is working at full speed..

Black Mamba
Level 1
9 of 9

@gerchris 

thanks for feedback

in order to close a topic by the initiator, if the problem is resolved

please accept a post as approved solution

to do this, use the option Solution? at the bottom left of the post

Is the answer a solution to your contribution?

So mark it as a solution or use the equivalent option with the toothed wheel at the top right of the post