cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS not working anymore on Mac after updating to Big Sur

Piffiegrie37
Level 1
1 of 7

I can't access the NAS (USB drive attached to Swisscom Internet-Box 2) anymore after updating to Big Sur. Still shows up in Finder as "internetbox-nas" as before, but doesn't allow access. Gives: "Connection Failed". NAS is perfectly fine if I access it via a PC. Rebooting Mac or NAS or Internextbox hasn't help.

Any ideas?

6 Comments 6
DomiP
Level 1
2 of 7

This is a known Issue from MacOS Big Sure. Currently there aren't any fixes from Apple to solve this issue.

Therefore i would suggest you to downgrade to a fewer version or use a Cloud Storage just like google drive or mycloud.

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

Robert Watts
Level 1
3 of 7

I had a similar problem with Big Sur and my Synology NAS. Time Machine kept failing with various errors. After much investigation it turned out that the combination of NAS, WiFI, Big Sur and Norton was provoking the issue. I ascertained that if I disabled Norton, Time Machine would run correctly. It was strange as there was no problem with the same version of Norton beforehand. It was very annoying, making my new NAS useless. I spent hours on the phone with Norton as they run various tests but simply said the problem would be passed to engineering but nothing happened. So I removed Norton and installed the trial version of F-Secure. All has been working great for 6 months.

Robert

Robert Watts
Level 1
4 of 7

I forgot to say that F-Secure gave me a special price for switching from Norton. 😀

Doremi
Level 1
5 of 7

@Robert Watts 

Hello

To make the NAS work with macos Big Sur no problem just check the box that concerns the mac "the AFP protocol box" as shown in the screenshot and voila and played.

Regards Doremi

Capture d’écran 2021-08-03 à 08.08.10.png

Mystrom & La pomme croquée
Robert Watts
Level 1
6 of 7

Ah, sorry. My problem was with a Synology NAS with a LAN connection to the Internet box and not a USB connection. Sorry if I caused any confusion. But I had tried every possible combination of file sharing protocol and it seemed to make no difference. 

Doremi
Level 1
7 of 7

@Robert Watts 

Hello

In fact, I went to the wrong person. My response was to the first post of @Piffiegrie37 

Regards Doremi

Mystrom & La pomme croquée