cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Extending wifi range with apple airport

Frifriofli81
Level 1
1 of 2

I have been using swisscom internet with fibre connection to the router on the lightbox and 1 internet box plugged into the living room wall. Sadly, the internet strength is still not strong enough to reach inside our bedroom (out apartment is not even that big) so I am trying to set my old Apple airport extreme I've had in the storage to try to extend the wifi range. Is this possible? Does someone have any experience or knowledge with this that can share some tips? Both my husband and I have reached out to Swisscom customer service department on multiple occasions in the past few months but only thing we've received is that they either don't speak English to support us or that we should buy yet ANOTHER internet box (so we need one box per room?). So we are now torn between improving our German enough to get proper help or to just swallow our sorrow and shell out another 70 CHF. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. What I am mostly confused about is that the Swisscom official internet box can be plugged via ethernet to our wall to act as a wifi router but the Apple extreme does not seem to get any internet signal when plugged into the same ethernet jack.

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
Level 1
2 of 2

Hello @Frifriofli81

I am sorry to learn you are not satisfied with your WiFi and regret that we couldn't help you improving your WiFi range so far. 

Our customer service is available in German, French, Italian and of course English.

You can ask for a callback on our website in order to try to improve your WiFi (please note that only a wired connection can be guaranteed).

If you need assistance to set up your Apple Airport and don't get help from the Swisscom Community, I suggest to take a look at the Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-mide/airport

Good luck

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
1 Comment 1
LeylaG
Level 1
2 of 2

Hello @Frifriofli81

I am sorry to learn you are not satisfied with your WiFi and regret that we couldn't help you improving your WiFi range so far. 

Our customer service is available in German, French, Italian and of course English.

You can ask for a callback on our website in order to try to improve your WiFi (please note that only a wired connection can be guaranteed).

If you need assistance to set up your Apple Airport and don't get help from the Swisscom Community, I suggest to take a look at the Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-mide/airport

Good luck

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions