cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Blue TV no longer working on older iPads with version 10.3.3, it needs v11.0.0.

Highlighted
Level 2
1 of 4

Suddenly since yesterday our two older iPads cannot show Blue TV because it needs v11.0.0 and we have only v10.3.3. This is terrible of swisscom that they expect everyone to have the latest iPads. So much for preventing waste if we have to get rid of perfectly good devices in order to watch TV on our iPads.  It should be easy to provide an older version on the App Store. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
2 of 4

Hello @Osullivan

I am sorry to learn you can no longer enjoy TV Air on your iPads. I know how you feel, I got the same surprise with my iPad mini 😞

Swisscom regularly increase the minimum supported version of mobile operating systems. We carefully decide based on various factors, such as customer engagement and technical factors. Legal or contractual criteria are involved too. For example, the movie studios don't provide certain content options below a specific version. For this last update, it was a combination of all these factors that led to the decision to remove support for iPhone 5c (2013) and older and iPad 4 (2012) and older.

I am sorry not to be able to give you a better answer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
3 Comments 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
2 of 4

Hello @Osullivan

I am sorry to learn you can no longer enjoy TV Air on your iPads. I know how you feel, I got the same surprise with my iPad mini 😞

Swisscom regularly increase the minimum supported version of mobile operating systems. We carefully decide based on various factors, such as customer engagement and technical factors. Legal or contractual criteria are involved too. For example, the movie studios don't provide certain content options below a specific version. For this last update, it was a combination of all these factors that led to the decision to remove support for iPhone 5c (2013) and older and iPad 4 (2012) and older.

I am sorry not to be able to give you a better answer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
Highlighted
Level 4
3 of 4

btw, @Osullivan have you tried using Safari or Chrome to watch it from the browser? The experience used to be quite similar to the app, but not sure how it is now since the move to blue

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
Abbonamento: inOne home + TV + mobile, pacchetto Sports.
Highlighted
Level 2
4 of 4

Thanks for the tip, it works BUT on the iPad 4 Blue TV is so slow on Safari as to be unusable.